Chris Evans and his ‘emotional farewell to Radio 2’

• Thread starter Deleted member 14766
  • Start date
The realisation hit me about 5 years ago when I was driving a lot for work. I'm fussy about my taste in music so it's never long until they play something I don't want to listen to. 5Live is ok for talk but gets a bit samey, and TalkSport made me want to drive my car into a ditch. But load up the pods and it's happy days

I'm arriving at that conclusion. It's never long these days before something bores or irritates me. I find myself avoiding Radio 2 - mild irritation at Zoe Ball; Radio 4 - ditto John Humpries, Nick Robinson or whatever politician is on; Radio 4Extra - coz of the repeats of the repeats and the realisation that The Navy Lark had jumped the shark in 1957. I also got bored with Jazz FM and the World Service is depressing. Radio 6 is an evening listen at best for me.

So it's Radio 3, silence or the iPod for my morning commute perhaps.

I'm struggling to express my disagreement in strong enough terms that wouldn't be simultaneously disrespectful to you to the point of insult.
Well his listening figures agree or should I say agreed with me. I'd say he was the best radio presenter ever with Ken Bruce a close second.

Well his listening figures agree or should I say agreed with me. I'd say he was the best radio presenter ever with Ken Bruce a close second.

It’s not an unusual experience for me to disagree with a large number of people. In fact this is such a common occurrence for me that I hardly ever use the argument that lots of other people agree with my personal taste so it must be a fact rather than just my opinion.

We kind of differ in that respect too.

(Have a a little yella winking fella to indicate that I’m being passive aggressive in a ‘just kidding around’ fashion) ;)

It’s not an unusual experience for me to disagree with a large number of people. In fact this is such a common occurrence for me that I hardly ever use the argument that lots of other people agree with my personal taste so it must be a fact rather than just my opinion.

We kind of differ in that respect too.

(Have a a little yella winking fella to indicate that I’m being passive aggressive in a ‘just kidding around’ fashion) ;)
Obviously liking certain presenters is a personal thing that will vary from person to person.
I cant stand zoe ball and Claudia winkleman but I'm sure there are those who will think they are great. Terry Wogan is the only presenter who's had me close to tears laughing at his show. His Janet and John skits were hilarious.
I thought Evans was the best possible replacement for Terry being as the best after Wogan is Ken Bruce and he already had a show. Bruce is naturally funny while the likes of Ball have to work hard at it. Evans is a natural patter man you can see why virgin will be paying so much to get him.
I stopped listening to radio1 when Evans left and now I think I'll start listening to virgin until Ken Bruce starts his show

I’m not minding Zoe Ball too much so far, but I am finding some of the ‘team’ a bit irritating. Particularly the bloke who seems to be her main wingman.

Mind, he’s not yet ‘comedy’ Dave annoying from Moyles R1 show

Once had the massive misfortune to spend almost two hours in his company.

One of his first ex's, after he dumped his first wife, was best mates with my then fiance. They invited us out for dinner one night. Took us to a place in Dorking where he decided he was the only customer in place. Yelled constantly for service; abused other diners; sent two meals back & generally acted the total cock

Back