Chinese takeaways

Bob Fleming

Striker
Are there any decent ones around? And what do you get?

I've never had a decent chinese takeaway ever. Yet I can go to a chinese restaurant and really like it. Why such a disparity between restaurants and takeaways? Other types of food while some places can be crap you can generally always find something good - Indian or Italian etc.

I only ever had chinese takeaway when I was younger and spent years avoiding restaurants as thought I just didn't like chinese food until a friend took me to a place on stowell st in Newcastle. Have since been to a few in UK and Aus and quite like it.

But still cannot stand the takeaway variety. Just got some tonight and it was all f***ing vile apart from the salt and pepper chips. And there was about as much nutritional value as a brick.

Bag of shite.

I've never had a decent chinese takeaway ever. Yet I can go to a chinese restaurant and really like it. Why such a disparity between restaurants and takeaways? Other types of food while some places can be crap you can generally always find something good - Indian or Italian etc.

I only ever had chinese takeaway when I was younger and spent years avoiding restaurants as thought I just didn't like chinese food until a friend took me to a place on stowell st in Newcastle. Have since been to a few in UK and Aus and quite like it.

But still cannot stand the takeaway variety. Just got some tonight and it was all f***ing vile apart from the salt and pepper chips. And there was about as much nutritional value as a brick.

Bag of shite.
Buddha Belly at Grangetown is nice like .Generally all Chinese are the same but that place is decent

Bag of shite.
A sad fact of life unfortunately Bob. Yes most takeaways are absolute shite.

Bag of shite.
What number on the menu is bag of shite?

Two great ones in South Shields
Ocean Pearl at the Nook and the Sea View on Boldon Lane

There used to be a fantastic one called the Long River which was on Dean Road but it closed when the buildings were demolished many years ago

Compared to the bland crap that passes for Chinese food up here all 3 were culinary heaven

Back