Chinese Food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Never been to one, i have two sisters and when i lived at home they ordered Chinese, i've tried two things that weren't bland as fuck.

Char sui pork, and lemon and ginger chicken as two separate meals on different occasions.

everything else is beige as fuck and is too salty or bland, just looks boring too.

Prefer Indian food if i was to order, would prefer to cook something myself over both.

Never been to one, i have two sisters and when i lived at home they ordered Chinese, i've tried two things that weren't bland as fuck.

Char sui pork, and lemon and ginger chicken as two separate meals on different occasions.

everything else is beige as fuck and is too salty or bland, just looks boring too.

Prefer Indian food if i was to order, would prefer to cook something myself over both.

I think a lot is generational and it also depends on what you've experienced previously. Chinese takeways were pretty much the first affordable places in the north east in which you could experience proper "foreign food" affordably. When I was in primary school, the takeaway options were basically chippy or Chinese. If you've experienced Indian, Vietnamese, Korean or Thai food, you'll find most Chinese takeaway food to be bland.

Basically, as a 7 year old, I was blown away by 2 egg fried rice, 1 boiled ricem special foo yung, chicken with sweetcorn and beef in black bean source with a portion of water chestnuts and bamboo shoots to share between my parents, my sister and me. Now, I'd be throwing ghost chillis in by the dozen (my plate/bowl only).

I think a lot is generational and it also depends on what you've experienced previously. Chinese takeways were pretty much the first affordable places in the north east in which you could experience proper "foreign food" affordably. When I was in primary school, the takeaway options were basically chippy or Chinese. If you've experienced Indian, Vietnamese, Korean or Thai food, you'll find most Chinese takeaway food to be bland.

Basically, as a 7 year old, I was blown away by 2 egg fried rice, 1 boiled ricem special foo yung, chicken with sweetcorn and beef in black bean source with a portion of water chestnuts and bamboo shoots to share between my parents, my sister and me. Now, I'd be throwing ghost chillis in by the dozen (my plate/bowl only).
That’s the thing, the early Chinese restaurants really “westernised” and they seem to have got stuck there. There’s a great variety of Chinese food that the takeaways don’t offer as the punters are only interested in salt and chilli chips, fried rice and curry sauce.

A f***ing dissertation. On Chinese Food. Well done.

I think thats pretty bang on tbf

Mate of mine once ordered Sausage chips and gravy from a Chinese

He isn’t my mate any more

To be fair, A1 or Charlie's Chippy in Westhoughton (both Chinese) do good sausage and chips (A1) and Donner Meat and Chips (Charlie's)
I can't remember when I last had an actual Chinese from them. We tend to order from whoever is on JustEat via TopCashback!

A dirge of beef chow mein.

I thought of another one.

A Wind Band of beef fried rice.

1/2 crispy aromatic duck with pancakes & hoy sin

Singapore chicken chow mein

Chips

Big tub of curry sarse

Pawn caca

Reactions: mux
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back