Chinese Food

I think a lot is generational and it also depends on what you've experienced previously. Chinese takeways were pretty much the first affordable places in the north east in which you could experience proper "foreign food" affordably. When I was in primary school, the takeaway options were basically chippy or Chinese. If you've experienced Indian, Vietnamese, Korean or Thai food, you'll find most Chinese takeaway food to be bland.

Basically, as a 7 year old, I was blown away by 2 egg fried rice, 1 boiled ricem special foo yung, chicken with sweetcorn and beef in black bean source with a portion of water chestnuts and bamboo shoots to share between my parents, my sister and me. Now, I'd be throwing ghost chillis in by the dozen (my plate/bowl only).
Unless you're not a fan of spicy food of course.

Away who’s tried Chinese in a pizza box.
The kids wanted one so we ordered it (after reading about them on here) I got me usual house special curry boiled rice. (Boring).
This thing turned up for the kids in a pizza box. I could hardly lift it!!!
It was crawling it was like slop.
Sad thing is they three young ones get it every time now. Dirty gets.
Al get a pic next time.

Salt and pepper squid, Singapore fried rice & curry or Peking sauce....
.....or king prawn chicken & mushroom curry / fried rice.
From Magic Wok usually but meaning to try the one at Shiney Row next.

The one on the front street Spicy China or something? If so I wouldn’t bother, try Mai Thai instead for all round better culinary experience, in my opinion

The one on the front street Spicy China or something? If so I wouldn’t bother, try Mai Thai instead for all round better culinary experience, in my opinion
Keep meaning to try this place and have just had a look at the menu. It's quite extensive and I think I'd struggle to choose the right meal.....what would you recommend?

Back