Chester Zoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at going in August, anyone been? Is it any good?

Also looking at staying over, is there any hotel recommendations or package deals you know of worth looking at?

Also looking at staying over, is there any hotel recommendations or package deals you know of worth looking at?

Just gan for a premier inn in Chester. There's one quite near the station which is also at the bottom of the high street, handy for a bevvy.
The zoo is about 5/10 minutes drive from the station premier inn.
Best zoo I've been to, and I've been to at least 3.

Really is good though.

Just gan for a premier inn in Chester. There's one quite near the station which is also at the bottom of the high street, handy for a bevvy.
The zoo is about 5/10 minutes drive from the station premier inn.
Best zoo I've been to, and I've been to at least 3.

Really is good though.

Think there are 3 is this the central premier inn?

Zoos are cruel as fuck.
I'm sure the animals are well looked after, they not locked up in small cages like days gone by. Chester Zoo do a lot of conservation work too.

Last edited:
Think there are 3 is this the central premier inn?

I think so.
Just had a look on the Google maps, and it says premier Inn Chester city centre. It's on city road.
There's an underpass which brings you onto Foregate Street which is the main high street, and handy for walking around seeing the other touristy bits. Chester is only about the size of Durham so walking everywhere is easy.

The other 2 premier inns don't seem as handy for the town centre, but chester central north is closer to the zoo.

Also, if you can't get parked at the hotel, there is overnight secure parking at the station

The Zoo is fantastic. The Holiday Inn at Chester Racecourse usually has good prices (unless there's racing on).

It has been years since I was in Chester and Chester Zoo. I loved the place when I was younger. I have to bring my 2 lads over. The Cathedral is an amazing building.

The Zoo is very good, Chester's got some decent pubs as well but the people are a bit weird (in my experience from working there)

Holiday Inn normally have a tie in with tickets to zoo, we stayed not far off the main road but the hotel was spot on for kids etc, pool. Chester is lovely, zoo was good. I remember we signed Adam Johnson while I was there ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back