Chester Zoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

I went in March. the zoo is very good. We stayed in a Premier Inn called Two Mills. It's a couple of miles north of the zoo, nothing round there so no use if you wanted a pub crawl or anything. We went up to West Kirby and New Brighton the next day for a couple of hours before heading home.

Went to the zoo yesterday with my daughter in law, zoo is a good day out with good amenities and obviously loads of animals to see.............but £28:00 to get in :eek: sorry this is too much, I won't be going back in a hurry.
*Edit that's £28:00 each by the way

Went to the zoo yesterday with my daughter in law, zoo is a good day out with good amenities and obviously loads of animals to see.............but £28:00 to get in :eek: sorry this is too much, I won't be going back in a hurry.

Compared to other zoos its decent value. Edinburgh is £21 & not that good.

About the same price as a premier league match ticket for a good day out you'll remember for years and can look back at photos of it and stuff. Decent value to me.
£28 is what? 7 or 8 pints of beer? 2 takeaways? It's not that bad really.

South Lakes Safari Zoo is only £5 per adult and kids are free.
Great value for a day out.

It's a scandal that South Lakes Zoo is still open tbh.

- 500 animals have died at that zoo in the last 3 years, due to animal cruelty.
- The zoo was fined hundreds of thousands of pounds when a keeper was killed by a tiger.
- Inspectors have found numerous examples of animals killing or eating each other, being killed due to negligence, including starving to death, or attacking visitors.
- The vet coordinator, the ex beauty queen wife of the owner, does not have a vet licence.
- Numerous animals have escaped, many dying as a result.
- The animals are fed rotting food from local supermarkets.
- There is a problem with genetic defects due to inbreeding.
- The owner has been found guilty of animal cruelty in his other zoo in Australia.

- The zoo was fined hundreds of thousands of pounds when a keeper was killed by a tiger.
- Inspectors have found numerous examples of animals killing or eating each other, being killed due to negligence, including starving to death, or attacking visitors.
- The vet coordinator, the ex beauty queen wife of the owner, does not have a vet licence.
- The owner has been found guilty of animal cruelty in his other zoo in Australia.

Knew nothing about that.

We had a good day none the less. The Gibbons were hilarious.

Had their licence revoked, and then renewed when bought out by a firm that was started by people that worked there. I think the ridiculously cheap entrance fee and free kids admissions means they won't make anywhere near enough to give the animals what they need and to pay staff wages.

Had their licence revoked, and then renewed when bought out by a firm that was started by people that worked there. I think the ridiculously cheap entrance fee and free kids admissions means they won't make anywhere near enough to give the animals what they need and to pay staff wages.

Unfortunately the ownership has not changed, this is a myth put around by the zoo. The same person owns it that always has. The licence has been granted to a 'new' Chief Executive - who was the old Chief Executive when the licence application was turned down, and has worked for the owner for 15 years. The zoo is still making donations to the owner's charities.

We are planning going Sunday 17th September, looks like it's cheaper if we book in advance, looks like it's £21 if we book now, decent value at that price. We visited Edinburgh Zoo while we were in Edinburgh in June and we thought that was excellent value.

Unfortunately the ownership has not changed, this is a myth put around by the zoo. The same person owns it that always has. The licence has been granted to a 'new' Chief Executive - who was the old Chief Executive when the licence application was turned down, and has worked for the owner for 15 years. The zoo is still making donations to the owner's charities.

Ridiculous that like

So we went chester zoo last week, really enjoyed it, I would reccomend it. If you book online you save a bit of money. It cost me £61 for 4 of us (one under 2 included in that which is free). Foods a bit pricey but always is in these places.

It's a full day out so for me it's worth the money. The bat cave was brilliant. As are all the apes. We didn't get to see the tiger as it wasn't out both times we went to see it.

We stayed in Chester South premier inn the night before. We went into chester and went round the cathedral which is free, and in some shops before going for tea. Also there's a pub next to the premier inn with a play area for the kids so it kept them entertained for an hour or so on the night whilst we had a bottle of wine :lol:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back