Chester Zoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a scandal that South Lakes Zoo is still open tbh.

- 500 animals have died at that zoo in the last 3 years, due to animal cruelty.
- The zoo was fined hundreds of thousands of pounds when a keeper was killed by a tiger.
- Inspectors have found numerous examples of animals killing or eating each other, being killed due to negligence, including starving to death, or attacking visitors.
- The vet coordinator, the ex beauty queen wife of the owner, does not have a vet licence.
- Numerous animals have escaped, many dying as a result.
- The animals are fed rotting food from local supermarkets.
- There is a problem with genetic defects due to inbreeding.
- The owner has been found guilty of animal cruelty in his other zoo in Australia.
Apart from that it's a pretty good day out.

So we went chester zoo last week, really enjoyed it, I would reccomend it. If you book online you save a bit of money. It cost me £61 for 4 of us (one under 2 included in that which is free). Foods a bit pricey but always is in these places.

It's a full day out so for me it's worth the money. The bat cave was brilliant. As are all the apes. We didn't get to see the tiger as it wasn't out both times we went to see it.

We stayed in Chester South premier inn the night before. We went into chester and went round the cathedral which is free, and in some shops before going for tea. Also there's a pub next to the premier inn with a play area for the kids so it kept them entertained for an hour or so on the night whilst we had a bottle of wine :lol:.
It's like the monkey's tea party every day in your house.

Knowsley safari is decent, much cheaper than Chester zoo.

Good giraffes, rhino and u can drive through the lion enclosure. Decent tigers there too

So we went chester zoo last week, really enjoyed it, I would reccomend it. If you book online you save a bit of money. It cost me £61 for 4 of us (one under 2 included in that which is free). Foods a bit pricey but always is in these places.

It's a full day out so for me it's worth the money. The bat cave was brilliant. As are all the apes. We didn't get to see the tiger as it wasn't out both times we went to see it.

We stayed in Chester South premier inn the night before. We went into chester and went round the cathedral which is free, and in some shops before going for tea. Also there's a pub next to the premier inn with a play area for the kids so it kept them entertained for an hour or so on the night whilst we had a bottle of wine :lol:.

The tigers there seem to spend most of their time hiding/sleeping. Good zoo though and as you say, it takes a full day to get around.

Logon or register to see this image
Chester Zoo by Roger, on Flickr

Are the dinosaurs still there?

Dino by Roger, on Flickr

The tigers there seem to spend most of their time hiding/sleeping. Good zoo though and as you say, it takes a full day to get around.

Logon or register to see this image
Chester Zoo by Roger, on Flickr

Are the dinosaurs still there?

Dino by Roger, on Flickr

Twice we went to the tigers enclosure but couldn't see them so they were definitely hiding. Didn't notice the dinasours wonder if they no longer there because there's a newish part called the islands with a boat ride.

Went to the zoo yesterday with my daughter in law, zoo is a good day out with good amenities and obviously loads of animals to see.............but £28:00 to get in :eek: sorry this is too much, I won't be going back in a hurry.
*Edit that's £28:00 each by the way
We were there yesterday as well. Got tickets on line the night before saving a few pound per head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back