Chester-le-Street

Aye the estate. But I used to head to the white hills pub regular as my uncle lives around the corner. Lovely pub that like. Grub looks nice and the people were canny last time I was in. (6 month ago).
really nice area mate, nice and peaceful with a canny little boozer.The grubs fine and reasonable, nowt fancy, but honest no frills stuff.

was over 4 weeks ago, band on in the Lambton, must have been only 20 or so punters in, back in the day was another rammed pub on a Friday..Chester pub trade is dead.

Friday night alternated between Durham and Chester - got bus from Fram club got off at Chester High Crown, Black Horse Queens, Red Lion sometimes Lambton sometimes Market Tavern.

Last edited:
Friday night alternated between Durham and Chester - got bus from Fram club got off at Chester High Crown, Black House Queens, Red Lion sometime Lambton sometimes Market Tavern.
same mate, when got a bit fed up of Chester, headed for Durham, coach & eight, fighting cocks, market tavern..had some mental nights over there.Worst trouble ever seen was in fighting cocks..even bar staff joined in, was like the wild west.

same mate, when got a bit fed up of Chester, headed for Durham, coach & eight, fighting cocks, market tavern..had some mental nights over there.Worst trouble ever seen was in fighting cocks..even bar staff joined in, was like the wild west.

Fighting cocks was always like that - why they had a pool table in there other than to provide additional weapons I have no idea.

Was in the Market Tavern, Horners, Queens Head and The Butchers last Satda night after the match, enjoyed it as normally drink at the top end. Still a decent night for a steady away drink, probably shite for young'uns chasing skirt though.

was over 4 weeks ago, band on in the Lambton, must have been only 20 or so punters in, back in the day was another rammed pub on a Friday..Chester pub trade is dead.

Depending on which bands are playing, there can sometimes be a decent turnout in the Lambton- usually if it's a punk or ska band.

As you say all four of the old Lambton rooms used to be packed on a Friday...even the Cavaliers for the more refined Chester drinker.:lol:
same mate, when got a bit fed up of Chester, headed for Durham, coach & eight, fighting cocks, market tavern..had some mental nights over there.

You would have had all the 'Fab Four' if you'd mentioned upstairs in The Neville.:eek:

Last edited:

Back