Chelsea after maja

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it was always clear that Maja's first touch was a level above everyone else in league 1. He always stood out to me.

I said at the time that we should keep him, even if it means losing him for nothing in the summer.

Specualtion but we would have had a good chance of promotion with him for a full season last year.

I'm not sure there is a sell on clause.

Summat to do with the fact we owed Bordeaux a canny wedge from when we bought Khazri off them.

He's way way off the level Chelsea would need imho. If true, this would be poor business for them. Doesn't have the physical elements of the game needed for Premier League football, can't hold the ball up etc

Maja is actually good at holding the ball-up. He's got a cracking touch.
Doesn't tend to drop deep too often but it generally stuck went it got to him.

For me it was always clear that Maja's first touch was a level above everyone else in league 1. He always stood out to me.

I said at the time that we should keep him, even if it means losing him for nothing in the summer.

Specualtion but we would have had a good chance of promotion with him for a full season last year.
We basically missed out on promotion by a hair's breadth having taken him out of the team and replaced him with a non-scoring Will Grigg. We would have walked promotion if he'd stayed. I agree, we should have kept him even if it meant no fee...promotion would have been worth much more to us.

Also begs the question, how did the academy staff and coaches who worked with him for years, not get the message to the higher ups that this lad has serious potential? His contravt should've been sewn up early doors.

That's why our recruitment is so awful. We don't know a good player when he's staring us in the face!

Also begs the question, how did the academy staff and coaches who worked with him for years, not get the message to the higher ups that this lad has serious potential? His contravt should've been sewn up early doors.

That's why our recruitment is so awful. We don't know a good player when he's staring us in the face!

Donald seemed to be trying to make a statement by selling him, ie I won't be pushed around by a player and his agent like the previous regime, the one time he should have.

As competition for Abraham
Says who the daily sport rumour section

Maja wont be going to Chelsea could end up at a Norwich at a push

Cant believe people believe crap like this
Will we get a cut of it?
No as it wont happen
Everton, Arsenal, Crystal Palace, Aston Villa and Burnley are all being linked as well according to the Liverpool Echo. His agent is doing a cracking job there!
So basically the same clubs who the media linked him with 12mth ago ... Lazy journalism plus the lad isn't anywhere near good enough for the PzL

Last edited:

He's way way off the level Chelsea would need imho. If true, this would be poor business for them. Doesn't have the physical elements of the game needed for Premier League football, can't hold the ball up etc
Are you 12yr old ? Imagine believing paper rumours this is up there when we were linked to Cavani utter fantasy rubbish
To constantly sit on the bench and replace Vardy with 5 minutes left in the game? :lol:
Wouldn't get on their bench as he wouldnt for most PL sides

Last edited:
Says who the daily sport rumour section

Maja wont be going to Chelsea could end up at a Norwich at a push

Cant believe people believe crap like this

No as it wont happen

So basically the same clubs who the media linked him with 12mth ago ... Lazy journalism plus the lad isn't anywhere near good enough for the PzL
Would be good for villa let’s not forget Abraham couldn’t get a game for Swansea few years ago

Would be good for villa let’s not forget Abraham couldn’t get a game for Swansea few years ago
He wouldnt be good for Villa hes actually not that good in the real world hes probably a bottom half championship player at best but because he scored a hat trick the other week some on here are thinking hes PL level

Could see the logic in taking the cash for a player who may down tools and we'd lose for nowt. Especially as Grigg seemed an adequate bet it replace the goals.

In hindsight we should have gambled.

The bigger issue is we should never have been in that position. They said they would sort his contract in the summer.....by October it was still not being handled. Immediately after Asoro left you'd have thought they'd be a bit smarter.

Same this season with the keeper. They said once the window was over they'd get him sorted. Nowt since.

Lessons are not being learned at SAFC.

😂😂😂 imagine the meltdown

ive melted already
He wouldnt be good for Villa hes actually not that good in the real world hes probably a bottom half championship player at best but because he scored a hat trick the other week some on here are thinking hes PL level

nonsense, excellent young player that can control a football and score all types of goals, really excellent young player who will only get better unlike Grigg

Last edited:
ive melted already

nonsense, excellent young player that can control a football and score all types of goals, really excellent young player who will only get better unlike Grigg
For any premier league team to be looking at him he'll have to bang in 15/20 goals for a couple of seasons ... Chelsea etc like will never happen for the lad

Henderson was about to be released until Keane turned up iirc.

Mate he’s scored about 8 goals now in hardly any minutes he’s a kid playing in the top league in France his team are upto 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back