cheapest pound for pound protein?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basic arithmatic error! Hint: you still haven't said how much protein is in the chicken.

I was just replying to the suggestion that it was always a case of 'the higher the better'.
ah yes, sorry. About 26g of protein per 100g which makes it just over 6% of BCAA, still be a struggle to reach anywhere near the 40% you suggested.

Fixed.

Depends on whether you think the differences are worth the extra money you pay.
i guess that depends on whether or not you class

• 1⁄3 less cholesterol
• 1⁄4 less saturated fat
• 2⁄3 more vitamin A
• 2 times more omega-3 fatty acids
• 3 times more vitamin E
• 7 times more beta carotene

as miniscule.

ah yes, sorry. About 26g of protein per 100g which makes it just over 6% of BCAA, still be a struggle to reach anywhere near the 40% you suggested.

i guess that depends on whether or not you class

• 1⁄3 less cholesterol
• 1⁄4 less saturated fat
• 2⁄3 more vitamin A
• 2 times more omega-3 fatty acids
• 3 times more vitamin E
• 7 times more beta carotene

as miniscule.

A third of what ?? a quarter of what, what is the measurement scale (also linky)

You sound like the Daily Mail - bacon increases your chances of cancer by 50% - TRUE

.... from 2 in 10,000 chance to a 3 in 10,000 chance - a 50% increase.

:roll:

TiredEyes said:
A third of what ?? a quarter of what, what is the measurement scale.

You sound like the Daily Mail - bacon increases your chances of cancer by 50% - TRUE

.... from 2 in 10,000 chance to a 3 in 10,000 chance - a 50% increase.

:roll:

I can post up the figures when I'm back at a computer on Monday but surely you can deal with the fact that I'm talking about a third and a quarter of the average battery hen compared to a free range. Not that difficult is it?

I can post up the figures when I'm back at a computer on Monday but surely you can deal with the fact that I'm talking about a third and a quarter of the average battery hen compared to a free range. Not that difficult is it?

Yeah but if you're talking a third of a milligram then it's neither here nor there is it.;)

if i cant miss a meal out i'm not bothering, i can't be wasting money willy nilly, i might just get some creatine, or i'll buy some gear off orosso he might just pay me to clean his windows in steroids.

if i cant miss a meal out i'm not bothering, i can't be wasting money willy nilly, i might just get some creatine, or i'll buy some gear off orosso he might just pay me to clean his windows in steroids.

It'll still be cheaper than getting the same amount of protein from meat. Look at the calorific contents too, if you make it up with milk it'll get you closer to a meal's worth.

It'll still be cheaper than getting the same amount of protein from meat. Look at the calorific contents too, if you make it up with milk it'll get you closer to a meal's worth.

aye but will i feel full or will i just eat more food on top of it?

aye but will i feel full or will i just eat more food on top of it?

your missing the point. protein shakes are to help reach your protein macros, and are not a meal replacement.

if your not hitting your protein macros your weight lifting is a waste of time.

edit: u can add alsorts of shite to ya shake to make it fill u up, oats, peanut butter, ice cream, yoghurt, etc etc. but with just water it doesnt 'fill u up'

Last edited:
your missing the point. protein shakes are to help reach your protein macros, and are not a meal replacement.

if your not hitting your protein macros your weight lifting is a waste of time.

edit: u can add alsorts of shite to ya shake to make it fill u up, oats, peanut butter, ice cream, yoghurt, etc etc. but with just water it doesnt 'fill u up'

right i'm back in i'll add oats and stuff and have it for breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back