Charlton the next Bury ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
About a 5. The ESI group have had 6 months to provide proof of funds and now the EFL are saying if they don't provide it before the start of the season we won't be allowed to start the season. They haven't got the funds , they bought the club for £1 and thought they could sell the club on for a few million. Problem is as part of their deal they agreed to pay the owner of the ground and training ground £50 million in 5 years. No serious buyer would agree to that so trouble ahead.

At first I was going to ask why clubs couldn't afford themselves and surely only a projection should be required by the efl but what you have wrote there is despicable and in no manner should that be allowed.

Basically hammered your football club through stupidity.

Beware SAFC if any consortium comes looking at buying your club represented by IPS Law , Chris Farnell. Bunch of crooks :cry:

Hope it comes good Mate.
Know what it’s like living with constant storm clouds hanging over your club.
A few of the usual tremors circling with Swindon again. I try and not get worried until I have to, it’s been like that for ages.
Decent club are Charlton thus let’s hope you get a decent owner.
The loan is not secured on the ground or training ground as ESI do not own it. They have no assets but have paid the wages recently as they can then get their money back from player sales , Bowyer compo or anything else they can get their hands on.

What happened to the ex Swansea bloke Jankins?

Last edited:
Hope it comes good Mate.
Know what it’s like living with constant storm clouds hanging over your club.
A few of the usual tremors circling with Swindon again. I try and not get worried until I have to, it’s been like that for ages.
Decent club are Charlton thus let’s hope you get a decent owner.

What happened to the ex Swansea bloke Jankins?
He was interested but who wants to pay a few million to some crooks that paid a pound when we were a Championship club.

T

Beware SAFC if any consortium comes looking at buying your club represented by IPS Law , Chris Farnell. Bunch of crooks :cry:
Thought it was thread about bobby dieing or our kid as he was known by jackie

If this carry’s on and with the impact of the recession we are about to go in the Football league may become A lot smaller.

Nothing against Charlton, confused at some of the replies tbh

In my entire life I can only think of two days where I have genuinely hated them as a club and wished they didn't exist.

But joking aside they are a genuine club, with genuine fans, and I wouldn't wish administration or expulsion on any club. Hopefully they pull through. But even if they do, sad reality is that I think there will be more in this position

Potentially how many teams will start next season in administration in league one? Could it make relegation harder, so mid table teams gamble more on top 6 finish?

Looking at some of the replies on here it would seem some folk forget what the game should be truly about. Yes they have done us at Wembley twice, but it was fair and square and we moved on. I wouldn’t personally wish any club to go under unless it was Wycombe.
Fair and square? Oviedo was fouled for the winner man.

Efl need to sort there selfs out it’s getting pathetic now
Bent as nine bob notes the same as everyone else in football it seems, about time that body that supposed to speak for the fans got there act together and started holding them to account for everyone's sake.

If this carry’s on and with the impact of the recession we are about to go in the Football league may become A lot smaller.
Gaps filled by PL B teams as in Spain. PL feeder club agreements by the more middling PL clubs, free wholesale loaning in from small PL clubs etc

Shocking state of affairs that a grand old club like Charlton continue to be in this parlous state. This is in spite of the obvious progress that Lee Bowyer has made with the team on the field.

You have to question whether the "fit and proper person test" actually works. Then question whether the EFL are fit and proper to be running any aspect of the professional game.

It seems to me that the EFL have no real power to stop business transactions which involve the sale of the club, except to punish that club and prevent them from playing in their competition. If this is the case then these sales need preventing by Govt, not the EFL. As stated, these buyers have not passed any fit and proper persons test, but seem to have been able to acquire ownership of the club. The EFL seem powerless to stop the initial business transaction.

Hope they sort it out however I dont get their fans, they were protesting and boycotting (like us) but as soon as they got to Wembley they sold out there allocation and it was happy days... it was perfect chance to show owners there unhappiness. Its hard to do but u have to do it... I did 5 yrs including first ever Wembley miss.

Just hope most clubs can pull through these awful times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back