Charlton finishing 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.
What really wound me up was that we equalised and then he went all negative for some reason. Did he just not realise that we might as well lose as draw and we needed to win the game or something? Wouldn’t have minded if we lost trying to force a win given the situation, but to be so negative really wound me up yesterday

We just struggle to play well in sustained periods of play.

For their goal yesterday there wasn't even any danger. Their lad running into the corner flag with Hume and Leadbitter next to him. Both players turned their back on the cross & showed no desire to block it & it somehow ended up in the net. Absolutely no desire there from 2 HG lads. People need to be held accountable but I don't thin Ross ever does that.

Pompey were flying until December it’s mad. If we don’t go up pressure is massive on Ross. Any mistake and the pitchforks will sharpen
Quite rightly I may add. Anything other than promotion is failure. Ultimately it’s a clean slate in the playoffs as the league counts for nothing. Let’s hope we can take a lead from the first leg

This is a fantastic post. We were almost guaranteed automatic after the Rochdale game. In the top two with a game in hand over everyone and in fantastic form. Can’t really remember the last time any team fell away from the top of any division so dramatically
I don’t actually see it that way. After Rochdale we were in a decent position sure but me and lot of others didn’t have us down as favourites.

Despite our position we weren’t winning games, especially against teams in the top half. The burton, Pompey, Peterborough games went exactly to form across the season with the odd win chucked in against donny. The only games that really bucked the trend across the season were Coventry and Southend as we hadn’t lost many.

We’ve only won 22 games across the whole season. It’s embarrassing really, less than 50% win at this level.

I don’t actually see it that way. After Rochdale we were in a decent position sure but me and lot of others didn’t have us down as favourites.

Despite our position we weren’t winning games, especially against teams in the top half. The burton, Pompey, Peterborough games went exactly to form across the season with the odd win chucked in against donny. The only games that really bucked the trend across the season were Coventry and Southend as we hadn’t lost many.

We’ve only won 22 games across the whole season. It’s embarrassing really, less than 50% win at this level.

Think you may be rewriting history somewhat. Remember at this time Barnsley and Portsmouth were also collapsing like a house of cards and couldn’t buy a win between them. Barnsley hadn’t scored in 5 games and had 1 win from 8. Pompey in similarly terrible form. And Luton were starting to fall away as well. We’d just won 4 league games out of 5 (ignoring the checkatrade) and were playing our best football of the season

Think you may be rewriting history somewhat. Remember at this time Barnsley and Portsmouth were also collapsing like a house of cards and couldn’t buy a win between them. Barnsley hadn’t scored in 5 games and had 1 win from 8. Pompey in similarly terrible form. And Luton were starting to fall away as well. We’d just won 4 league games out of 5 (ignoring the checkatrade) and were playing our best football of the season
But Barnsley had just had the run we’d had. They’d just played Coventry, burton, Pompey, charlton and us in their last 6 so of course their form had dipped, just like ours was going to.

Disagree we were playing our best football too. That was at the start of the season. The Rochdale game we were crap.

One poor ref decision thats all it takes.
Charlton blah blah blah.
This is the play offs anything can happen.
If we can get Mcgeady fit....

The mickey mouse cup was a big distraction for Sunderland and Pompey I think. I actually asked Lyle Taylor at a fans meeting why he chose Charlton ahead of Sunderland and he said that staying in London was a big factor and working with Lee Bowyer. Bowyer seems to be a great tactician and changes the shape of the team when things arn't working. He's signed great loan signings like Cullen and Beilik and the whole team put a real shift in every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back