Charlton finishing 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good luck in your game, it would be nice to see you at Wembley but we have to get through our respective semis first. For me, there is a bit of a gap quality wise between the top five in the league and the rest so happy to get Doncaster. I think you and Pompey is too close to call. We rested a few today but it was a travesty we didn't get into double figures. It would be a major shock if we can't get past Doncaster but football is a strange game sometimes!

Good luck in your game, it would be nice to see you at Wembley but we have to get through our respective semis first. For me, there is a bit of a gap quality wise between the top five in the league and the rest so happy to get Doncaster. I think you and Pompey is too close to call. We rested a few today but it was a travesty we didn't get into double figures. It would be a major shock if we can't get past Doncaster but football is a strange game sometimes!
I think you'll beat donny over 2 legs. You are in better shape than we are on the pitch and Bowyer has done a great job. To be honest there's a good chance you'll get pompey and if you do, I wish you the very best of luck

They couldn't put together a full bench for the first game of the season. They only signed 5 players this season, and a few loans, spending £0. They lost 14 players last summer. They are owned by an absolute charlatan who picks the team, the fans are protesting against him.

But aye, Jack Ross has worked miracles with the mess he has inherited.
lets be honest here

yes they hate the owner but theyve had a couple of seasons getting used to the league with a half decent core, especially at the back where theyve had pretty much a settled back line for a while.

They added Lyle Taylor who by all accounts was a main target for us. They have quality loan player in Krystian Bielik from Arsenal, and Jonny williams who is obviously quality when fit. Aribo has blossomed this year after a couple of seasons getting to grips with senior football and they have pace power and quality. They have the added bonus of being in london which helps for recruitment and bowyer certainly picks the team (not the owner as stated - they do get involved in scouting with dodgy characters allegedly). they started the season in a much more settled and stronger position than us and the 5 subs thing was mind games from Bowyer to put pressure on the owners.

if i was them id be gutted at not getting up automatically as we all know the play offs are a total lottery. Donny could well turn them over.

We look the worst team out of the 4. we need a total reversal of form and fortune three games straight. stranger things have happened.

Fair play to Bowyer like, his reputation is growing. Was never one of them players you would have thought might manage but he’s done well at a club in a difficult place.

They've done incredibly well.. They weren't even in contention a few month ago. I feel sorry for Doncaster.

Hope you's go up (if we don't of course).

Started the season with 6 subs because they had uncertainty over the ownership.

Also started the season without a full time manager as bowyer was still caretaker. Embarrassing they've outperformed us. Also lost their sriker in January. Bowyer subsequently changed to a diamond & they haven't looked back. Puts Ross to shame

Yet just pipped us last day for all that

People need to realise this is a shite league full of shite teams with shite players including Sunderland with players who know this is their Eutopia, who couldn't give a fuk because they won't be here next season. They don't know whether they they will be playing in the National league or working on a fukin building site.

Last edited:
They couldn't put together a full bench for the first game of the season. They only signed 5 players this season, and a few loans, spending £0. They lost 14 players last summer. They are owned by an absolute charlatan who picks the team, the fans are protesting against him.

But aye, Jack Ross has worked miracles with the mess he has inherited.

How many average players who couldnt get in the first team did he have on £40k a week?

Bowyer was coaching at Charlton before being made assistant manager in 2017, he took over as caretaker manager March 2018 but has been at the club over a year before he became the boss and knew where the weaknesses were and what he needed to do to improve the team......His win percentage before his first transfer window was 40%, his win percentage after he had a chance to change the squad and address those weaknesses was nearer 60%.

Jack Ross is essentially where Lee Bowyer was last summer......If Ross doesnt get promoted next season (assuming we dont go up this year) then questions need to be asked....At present we are at the very start of the rebuilding process.

Last edited:
How many average players who couldnt get in the first team did he have on £40k a week?

Bowyer was coaching at Charlton before being made assistant manager in 2017, he took over as caretaker manager March 2018 but has been at the club over a year before he became the boss and knew where the weaknesses were and what he needed to do to improve the team......His win percentage before his first transfer window was 40%, his win percentage after he had a chance to change the squad and address those weaknesses was nearer 60%.

Jack Ross is essentially where Lee Bowyer was last summer......If Ross doesnt get promoted next season (assuming we dont go up this year) then questions need to be asked....At present we are at the very start of the rebuilding process.

I don't understand how you've came to that conclusion? How is Ross where Bowyer was last summer? Bowyer took the job later on in the season to get them in the play offs as they sacked Robinson.

You've said they improved after Bowyers transfer window, we have went backwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
lets be honest here

yes they hate the owner but theyve had a couple of seasons getting used to the league with a half decent core, especially at the back where theyve had pretty much a settled back line for a while.

They added Lyle Taylor who by all accounts was a main target for us. They have quality loan player in Krystian Bielik from Arsenal, and Jonny williams who is obviously quality when fit. Aribo has blossomed this year after a couple of seasons getting to grips with senior football and they have pace power and quality. They have the added bonus of being in london which helps for recruitment and bowyer certainly picks the team (not the owner as stated - they do get involved in scouting with dodgy characters allegedly). they started the season in a much more settled and stronger position than us and the 5 subs thing was mind games from Bowyer to put pressure on the owners.

if i was them id be gutted at not getting up automatically as we all know the play offs are a total lottery. Donny could well turn them over.

We look the worst team out of the 4. we need a total reversal of form and fortune three games straight. stranger things have happened.

Taylor who went there because he said they were better. He was right. Got to say they've used the loan market well, the lad from Arsenal is really good.

I don't understand how you've came to that conclusion? How is Ross where Bowyer was last summer? Bowyer took the job later on in the season to get them in the play offs as they sacked Robinson.

You've said they improved after Bowyers transfer window, we have went backwards.

Bowyer was confirmed only as caretaker manager a month after Ross took over here. He was only made permanent in September.

Barnsley only took their new manager on in late June as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back