Charlton Athletic

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's a shambles , two groups of crooks in a court case over which group owns the club. The court kick the can down the road with their non decision. The wealthy guy , Thomas Sandgaard who wants to buy the club doesn't know which group to deal with. 4 or 5 players were lined up to sign if the court made a decision , including Adam Matthews and Lynch ( both ex Sunderland ). We now won't get a decision until November so this season is pretty much a write off. We will be selling rather than strengthening.
Shocking mate, a disgrace that these ***** are allowed to do this to clubs.

Tragic that is. I think we have a real affinity with Charlton after the 2 play offs - on both occasions your fans were friendly and a credit to the club - in stark contrast to Portsmouth fans who were horrendous. You don't deserve such tawdry owners.

Aye, I quite like Charlton, decent set of fans. Hope they survive. At the same time, I'll happily see them weakened for this season so it's decent news for us. Hopefully we go up, and they can get sorted next season ;)

Surely the EFL should be jumping in to help sort out this sort of mess.
You would think so but the EFL are a small time outfit and don't want to get involved in any potential costly legal cases. They sit back and do nothing. The guy Elliott who has obtained the injunction to stop a sale has failed the EFL tests , which sets the bar pretty low.

They were in disarray two years ago. Still better than us and ruined another Wembley day out.

They’ve got a similar standard squad to us now (Slightly better even) and have been pretty much under embargo. Sums up how pathetic our recruitment is .
Agree. Speaks volumes.
Remember when bolton put together a squad of rejects in 2 weeks and we couldn't beat them after 3 windows of having the biggest budget at this level.

Agree. Speaks volumes.
Remember when bolton put together a squad of rejects in 2 weeks and we couldn't beat them after 3 windows of having the biggest budget at this level.
That's Bowyer's strength , he get's the best out of what he's got. He gets players playing to the best of their ability , if he stays we will be competitive but as my old man used to say ' you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear '

It's a shambles , two groups of crooks in a court case over which group owns the club. The court kick the can down the road with their non decision. The wealthy guy , Thomas Sandgaard who wants to buy the club doesn't know which group to deal with. 4 or 5 players were lined up to sign if the court made a decision , including Adam Matthews and Lynch ( both ex Sunderland ). We now won't get a decision until November so this season is pretty much a write off. We will be selling rather than strengthening.
Jesus. How much more shit can you lads take.
Puts our problems into perspective.
Hope it works out eventually mate. KTF

Can see them losing McAuley Bonne - already has Championship interest after 11 goals last year.

Signed from non-league as well - wish we could go out and find some players off the beaten track.

Who are the players you are expecting to now leave like @NickAddicks
Goalkeeper Dillon Phillips , Bonne forward and Alfie Doherty are the 3 that are worth dosh. Doherty is going to be a very good player , another one from the academy as is Phillips. Bonne was probably playing above his level last season but still scored double figures , came from non league and expected to do well this season.

Goalkeeper Dillon Phillips , Bonne forward and Alfie Doherty are the 3 that are worth dosh. Doherty is going to be a very good player , another one from the academy as is Phillips. Bonne was probably playing above his level last season but still scored double figures , came from non league and expected to do well this season.
How have Aneke and Oztumer been for you?
I know the former has been injured a lot and you haven't had the latter for long. I'm guessing Championship is a bit above their level, they're both very good League 1 players though (as is Gilbey, very good signing that).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back