Charlie Wyke

Status
Not open for further replies.

And I would suggest that anyone backing Grigg to come good is showing blind faith, he was gash last season , for what reason I know not, but for us to have made major investment in his ability to score goals going off last season it was money thrown to the wind.

He was injured on arrival wasnt training properly according to roker report and was injured 20th March according to northern Ireland when he pulled out of the euro qualifiers. The bloke gradually got more rusty when be was here.

Funny like no one trust's what Donald says anymore, but are willing to believe what Donald said regarding Grigg not being injured, despite the fact that would deflect criticism away from Donald, Ross and everyone else to signing another injured striker.

f***ing funny that isn't it?

I'm not sure how Grigg will do only that he's scored regular goals at this level and scored and scored a few at the level above. He clearly wasn't fit and in terms of movement and technique he looks decent even if he lack a bit of pace and strength, whereas Wyke just looks shit with no real redeeming features. of course both ended the season dreadfully, but that doesn't mean both are on a par.

He did get in to some good positions. Might have been better for him if he hadn't because he bolloxed pretty much all of them and a few were real sitters. I suppose, being optimistic, that means small improvements might yield big gains but he just doesn't seem very good! I still wouldn't be surprised if he got 12-15 goals though over a full season.

Yeah, I was more talking about good positions to get his head on the end of crosses. Most of those chances he missed were with his feet.

He was injured on arrival wasnt training properly according to roker report and was injured 20th March according to northern Ireland when he pulled out of the euro qualifiers. The bloke gradually got more rusty when be was here.

Funny like no one trust's what Donald says anymore, but are willing to believe what Donald said regarding Grigg not being injured, despite the fact that would deflect criticism away from Donald, Ross and everyone else to signing another injured striker.

I'm not sure how Grigg will do only that he's scored regular goals at this level and scored and scored a few at the level above. He clearly wasn't fit and in terms of movement and technique he looks decent even if he lack a bit of pace and strength, whereas Wyke just looks shit with no real redeeming features. of course both ended the season dreadfully, but that doesn't mean both are on a par.
I never mentioned Donald (funny that isn’t it) I’m basing my opinion on what I saw and what he reportedly cost us i.e. not a lot and quite a lot, we lost out in both departments........just saying like.

Grigg has never looked interested or keen to get into any single game he has played for us ? Fuck knows what he feels about being here

I never mentioned Donald (funny that isn’t it) I’m basing my opinion on what I saw and what he reportedly cost us i.e. not a lot and quite a lot, we lost out in both departments........just saying like.

You could see he wasn't fit by watching him tbf. Gets mistaken for not looking keen in my eyes.

He was injured but we signed him and had to rush him in because we were desperate. In reality we probably shouldn't have signed him but we backed ourselves into a corner & let ourselves down scouting wise.

Donald says Grigg was Ross #1 target but was he? Donald told another story when we signed Grigg that we only became aware he was available because a 3rd party approached the club to say he was available for 1 million. From there Donald asked Ross if we wanted him. Didn't sound like we'd scouted him & he was a completely different player to what Ross wanted Maja to be, running in behind more etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

And what I was saying is relevant to that. Because you don't or haven't looked past what's right in front of your nose, unless it's to be negative.

Why would they be showing blind faith In Grigg then? Looking at a players record at this level and his career, but taking note of the injury he had on arrival and the various stories that he couldn't train, also the fact none of the forwards had much support etc isn't blind faith when you suggest he might do reasonably well if he's fit and we sort the team out, it's doing it with some background.

Grigg has never looked interested or keen to get into any single game he has played for us ? Fuck knows what he feels about being here

By that's not true, its absolite bollocks.Saying he hasn't looked keen or interested is nonsense. it's something which has been rolled out as he got progressively worse.

If it was true what on earth was he trying to do so late on chasing back and fouling in the play off final?

Last edited:
And what I was saying is relevant to that. Because you don't or haven't looked past what's right in front of your nose, unless it's to be negative.

Why would they be showing blind faith In Grigg then? Looking at a players record at this level and his career, but taking note of the injury he had on arrival and the various stories that he couldn't train, also the fact none of the forwards had much support etc isn't blind faith when you suggest he might do reasonably well if he's fit and we sort the team out, it's doing it with some background.

By that's not true, its absolite bollocks.Saying he hasn't looked keen or interested is nonsense. it's something which has been rolled out as he got progressively worse.

If it was true what on earth was he trying to do so late on chasing back and fouling in the play off final?
Is it fuck, his body language and general application has been poor every time he has played maybe he doesn't like being the sub to Wyke

Is it fuck, his body language and general application has been poor every time he has played maybe he doesn't like being the sub to Wyke

Again when the team or a player isn't doing well everyone is a body language expert again....

He's probably not exactly enthralled or maybe pissed off that he's not scoring for fun at this level given he has every other time he's played at the level and he's clearly not fit. of course that means he's not trying or not interested doesn't it?

Like I said - what was he doing chasing back and trying to get involved late on in the play off final if what you're saying was true? You've ignored the question once ' never looked interested or keen to get into any single game he's played for us' is wjat you said. what was he doing when he scored a few goals, took a pen for his first, missed that sitter everyone speaks of?

Your 'point' is both incorrect and massively exaggerated.

Again when the team or a player isn't doing well everyone is a body language expert again....

He's probably not exactly enthralled or maybe pissed off that he's not scoring for fun at this level given he has every other time he's played at the level and he's clearly not fit. of course that means he's not trying or not interested doesn't it?

Like I said - what was he doing chasing back and trying to get involved late on in the play off final if what you're saying was true? You've ignored the question once ' never looked interested or keen to get into any single game he's played for us' is wjat you said. what was he doing when he scored a few goals, took a pen for his first, missed that sitter everyone speaks of?

Your 'point' is both incorrect and massively exaggerated.
why is he not fit ? He's been £ for £ a very disappointing and underwhelming buy

why is he not fit ? He's been £ for £ a very disappointing and underwhelming buy

Not sure. Reading between the lines he was injured before he came and signed injured with an ankle injury. Roker Report in one or two pod casts reckoned he wasn't training properly because of that injury and being nursed through. Given their links with the club I wouldn't imagine they would say that if it wasn't true and it's the kind of information they would easily get. Donald said otherwise at the end of the season though that he was fit. Tellingly though he pulled out of a Northern Ireland squad with an ankle injury on March 20th. Maybe he's been signed injured after Charlie Wyke was also signed injured and owner, manager etc don't want to take flak for it given we missed out on promotion? No idea, though I don't think his shitness was just injury, confidence also played a part, but it didn't help his sharpness or mobility which his game is based around.

Only time will tell I guess, if he looks a different in terms of fitness and harassing defenders in the final third come August then it was an injury, if he doesn't then maybe he's just not that good.

Not sure. Reading between the lines he was injured before he came and signed injured with an ankle injury. Roker Report in one or two pod casts reckoned he wasn't training properly because of that injury and being nursed through. Given their links with the club I wouldn't imagine they would say that if it wasn't true and it's the kind of information they would easily get. Donald said otherwise at the end of the season though that he was fit. Tellingly though he pulled out of a Northern Ireland squad with an ankle injury on March 20th. Maybe he's been signed injured after Charlie Wyke was also signed injured and owner, manager etc don't want to take flak for it given we missed out on promotion? No idea, though I don't think his shitness was just injury, confidence also played a part, but it didn't help his sharpness or mobility which his game is based around.

Only time will tell I guess, if he looks a different in terms of fitness and harassing defenders in the final third come August then it was an injury, if he doesn't then maybe he's just not that good.

You're spot on but completely wasting your time. Once our lot decide that someone is "lazy" or "doesn't care" there's no changing their minds.

You won't find more than a handful of people willing to admit they called Quinn worse than shit up until about October 1997 for example. They're always right, no matter how much shit they spout.

Grigg or Wyke?.

Based on last season it's Wyke by a million mile.
Once Grigg demonstrates he gives a fk he may get to tie Wyke's laces.

You might want to try watching a different sport if you think Wyke has more to offer than Grigg.

You're spot on but completely wasting your time. Once our lot decide that someone is "lazy" or "doesn't care" there's no changing their minds.

You won't find more than a handful of people willing to admit they called Quinn worse than shit up until about October 1997 for example. They're always right, no matter how much shit they spout.

You might want to try watching a different sport if you think Wyke has more to offer than Grigg.
Ya right they not half bad they are all bad

A club in league 1 with a half decent recruitment team, could get 2 strikers as good as Grigg and Wyke for nominal fees.

The fact that we spent more than all other 23 teams transfer budgets combined to land these 2 is a sad indictment on Coton et al.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back