Charlie Wyke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penalties still count marra. How many of Mary Poppins 260 goals were penalties? Loads
Of course they count, my point was that McGeady let Grigg take it just to get him off the mark, which in itself to me was an indication of how desperate his teammates were for him to score goals.
I’d like nothing more than Grigg to score 20+ goals this season but there’s no denying he was an abject failure last season.

Of course they count, my point was that McGeady let Grigg take it just to get him off the mark, which in itself to me was an indication of how desperate his teammates were for him to score goals.
I’d like nothing more than Grigg to score 20+ goals this season but there’s no denying he was an abject failure last season.
I stil have nightmares about Grigg open goal miss still love to kna how he managed it

early.

McGeady crosses the ball, but he usually needs to take the fullback on about four times before he does so. Wyke has usually made three runs inside the box before the cross comes in. Maybe make McGeady watch videos of Summerbee during preseason to see if he catches on

Whenever we crossed it last season Wyke was nowhere to be seen, so I'm not sure how crossing it early is going to help him. If it's anything like last season we'll just be crossing to nobody.

Maybe he just needs a pre-season...

Last edited:
Whenever we crossed it last season Wyke was nowhere to be seen, so I'm not sure how crossing it early is going to help him. If it's anything like last season we'll just be crossing to nobody.

Maybe he just needs a pre-season...

He was making runs then once the cross came in (if it ever did) he was marked by at least two defenders and it was because the crosses were taking too long to come in. Not only would early crosses have helped him but also other attackers in the box. We would end up with four players out wide playing little passes to each other trying to get a cross in rather than actually getting bodies into the box and playing it as early as possible

I still think given the right service from midfield (and a proper No'10) he would score goals..

How did we finish 5th when we had those two as our strikers... Those stats are awful
Exactly,early crossing might help but he is 6ft 1 and jumps to 4ft 8 so doubtful .A few also think changing tactics would enable us to avail ourselves of griggs attributes .Lets look at them,is he fast no,good in the air no,does he take people on no ,does press defenders no,get stuck in no.Icould go on but please someone what attributes are we trying to uncover .Yes I know he has scored lots of goals at this level in years gone by,its now im worried about .

Exactly,early crossing might help but he is 6ft 1 and jumps to 4ft 8 so doubtful .A few also think changing tactics would enable us to avail ourselves of griggs attributes .Lets look at them,is he fast no,good in the air no,does he take people on no ,does press defenders no,get stuck in no.Icould go on but please someone what attributes are we trying to uncover .Yes I know he has scored lots of goals at this level in years gone by,its now im worried about .
"Gets into good positions" apparently according to the blind faith brigade.

Got into the box one game and everyone was rejoicing :D

He's just absolutely f***ing shit.

There's no sugar coating it.

Wyke scored 4 league goals in 14 starts and 10 sub apps.

Grigg scored 4 league goals in 15 starts and 3 sub apps.

Blame wilki.

however if you want to delve deeper then Grigg has played a helluva lot less minutes. He's a better player even though he's still got his faults.

He was making runs then once the cross came in (if it ever did) he was marked by at least two defenders and it was because the crosses were taking too long to come in. Not only would early crosses have helped him but also other attackers in the box. We would end up with four players out wide playing little passes to each other trying to get a cross in rather than actually getting bodies into the box and playing it as early as possible

He was yards off most of the crosses that came in (when they ever did). He never looked like getting on the end of the them because he was never there in the first place.

He was yards off most of the crosses that came in (when they ever did). He never looked like getting on the end of the them because he was never there in the first place.
Not sure it’ll help Wyke a great deal but failing to get crosses in early definitely was a problem for us. Gooch seemed to want to beat his man 8 times before crossing to nobody or hitting the first man. McGeady has better delivery but too often was crossing to marked players because he’d fucked around with it.

He is looking sharp in training and raring to go.
Had the corners on his heed filed down while he was getting a new crown topper.
Just wait

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back