Charlie Methven Sets 40,000 Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was at the boxing day game v Bradford in 1997, Kamara was manager of them then iirc. Was 40k that day....
My first visit to the ssol.

It's 39 years since any team got over 40,000 in this division, and that needed to be a Sheffield derby on Boxing Day, with 8,000 visiting supporters at least.
Can't see it happening. It is not really feasible for a Division 3 match against moderate opposition , with no promotion outcome at the end of it to get a crowd of 40,000.
Love to be proved wrong, like. ;)

It's 39 years since any team got over 40,000 in this division, and that needed to be a Sheffield derby on Boxing Day, with 8,000 visiting supporters at least.
Can't see it happening. It is not really feasible for a Division 3 match against moderate opposition , with no promotion outcome at the end of it to get a crowd of 40,000.
Love to be proved wrong, like. ;)

Also no public transport

Kna it's a bit late in the day now but hoping the club could have a word with the transport people about this fir future festive matches

No there hasnt in the n.e. But it doesnt mean it must be that way till the end of time.
I’m not saying it shouldn’t change, of course it would be easier if there was public transport. It just seems to have become a bit of a thing this year, maybe it’s because it’s so long since we’ve been at home on Boxing Day.

Lifts arranged but id rather not bother folk.

I'm still trying to organise things my end

Just people not taking they're can he on an old piss head like me

As far as I know there has never been public transport on Boxing Day, yet we’ve always had bigger crowds.

Why you think I'm trying to organise a bus from out of Sunderland

I reckon 80% of

Fans come outside of Sunderland

Last edited:
I’m not saying it shouldn’t change, of course it would be easier if there was public transport. It just seems to have become a bit of a thing this year, maybe it’s because it’s so long since we’ve been at home on Boxing Day.

Its been a bit of a thing for a few years - no transport on NY day has been the recent problem

I'm still trying to organise things my end

Just people not taking they're can he on an old piss head like me

Why you think I'm trying to organise a bus from out of Sunderland

I reckon 80% of

Fans come outside of Sunderland

Stop referring to yourself as a pisshead and stop being a pisshead and then people may take you more seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back