Charlie Methven Sets 40,000 Target

It’s a big ask but I would be toppa if we did make 40k, it’s certainly doable, it’s dependant on those that fucked off coming back.
Personally I’m not that bothered if they don’t come back as they’ve shown they have the backbone of worms.
Years of shit football , lads who have had season tickets since before the last time we were in this shit league just had enough

Just an excuse, many of the thousands last year had enough they just kept supporting. Thousands just fucked off for any old feeble excuse imo

People are just used to not going now, it'll take time for them to come back. Nout bad about it. I remember thinking before the Charlton game "ffs rather just go to the pub" despite looking forward to it for weeks. It just was out of the norm for me to go to a home game as I hadn't been to the SOL in over a year*. Now I struggle to sleep the night before and wake up dead early on match days like it's Christmas. People will gradually come back and hopefully when we get a big crowd against Bradford people will get a feel of what the club is like now and want to come back more frequently.

*I said that I wouldn't return until Ellis Short had left.

do you want a medal or summit ?
i still think people will return, just maybe gradually , and i reckon be around 40k boxing day

Nah I’m alright thanks, just don’t see the clamour to get the missing no marks back who done nothing to make the stadium a better atmosphere. It’s better now than it has been for years. If that upsets people then so be.

To be fair it was probably the worst two seasons in our clubs history. I think everyone sane got a bit sick of it.

Can’t disagree with facts, but many are now saying it’s the best season in years.
Any excuse for some people mate

People are just used to not going now, it'll take time for them to come back. Nout bad about it. I remember thinking before the Charlton game "ffs rather just go to the pub" despite looking forward to it for weeks. It just was out of the norm for me to go to a home game as I hadn't been to the SOL in over a year*. Now I struggle to sleep the night before and wake up dead early on match days like it's Christmas. People will gradually come back and hopefully when we get a big crowd against Bradford people will get a feel of what the club is like now and want to come back more frequently.

*I said that I wouldn't return until Ellis Short had left.

Shorty's still here season ticket holder, love Shorty me

That's why I thought CM's comment was naive. He's thinking numbers should be up to PL levels when there's more to it than that.

There's not like.....ye gan to watch the red and whites, not the oppo....

bang on IMO , I have mates who went often , well before peter reid era , so not glory hunters by any means, and most of them got sick and stopped over the last 2 seasons, few are planning on going back boxing day, hopefully the bug returns

It’s a big ask but I would be toppa if we did make 40k, it’s certainly doable, it’s dependant on those that fucked off coming back.
Personally I’m not that bothered if they don’t come back as they’ve shown they have the backbone of worms.
Give your head a shake man. We only averaged 13 or 14 k at roker park would you only allow the people that had backbones back then attend?

bang on IMO , I have mates who went often , well before peter reid era , so not glory hunters by any means, and most of them got sick and stopped over the last 2 seasons, few are planning on going back boxing day, hopefully the bug returns
that's us exactly, we were all there the night we got beat at home by Hartlepool in the Freight Rover in front of 7/8000. 10 of us attending on Boxing Day

Back