Chants you never heard sang at home anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can remember the day when this was sung

Geordies here, geordies there, geordies every effing where

Way before football commenced in 1992

And that other one 'Oh Geordie, pick a bale of cotton' or whatever. I never heard the word mackem till about '79 and that was in Newcastle.

If people think that's weird I saw footage of a 70s Man U match the other day and their fans were singing YNWA.

Ive been going since 1980 mate and have never sang anything with geordie in it. I vividly remember the fulwell singing geordies Mackems and as a 9yo thinking wtf is that all about,
We did. Back of the Fulwell from 79 onwards before the the Clicker and with my dad. Numerous,Geordie songs sang home and away.

One of my favourites was overland and over shore you'll always hear the Roker roar sang to the tune of the red flag alas time has killed off a lot of grey matter and can no longer recall all the words

There's more anti-mag chants now considering we're two divisions apart, too many for my liking.

In fact, there was a bloke in the toilets said 'Good three points that but the mags won as well'

Why does it matter?? Do our three points not count anymore?!

Two more I haven't see above

E I E I O, up the football League we go , when we win promotion this is what we will sing ,Watson is our King.

Can always replace with the current King.

The Roker Aces sung to the tune of the Blaydon Races

Oh my lads you should for seen us ganing along the Roker Road, to see the Sunderland Aces ............

I think there were a couple of more lines if anybody can add them

Two more I haven't see above

E I E I O, up the football League we go , when we win promotion this is what we will sing ,Watson is our King.

Can always replace with the current King.

The Roker Aces sung to the tune of the Blaydon Races

Oh my lads you should for seen us ganing along the Roker Road, to see the Sunderland Aces ............

I think there were a couple of more lines if anybody can add them
It always seemed to be sung after we scored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back