Chants you never heard sang at home anymore

A favourite of mine from the 1969-72 period...it was dropped after His Majesty Robert Stokoe succeeded Alan Brown.
Great song though for one of our real heroes...

I went along to Roker Park,
To see the lads in red,
I had a chat, with Alan Brown,
And this is what he said...
Oohhh - Ian-Ian-Porterfield, I-a-n Porterfield! (and repeat)

Ive been going since 1980 mate and have never sang anything with geordie in it. I vividly remember the fulwell singing geordies Mackems and as a 9yo thinking wtf is that all about,
Down liverpool when safc won 1-0 scored by @foggy

It was more a 70s thing
. I’m ancient by the way, trying hard to catch @stubber

There’s a circus in the town, in the town
Kevin keegan is the clown, is the clown
Arthur Cox has got the effing pox
Newcastle’s going down, going down

Or was that just in my head ? About 1982 ish
Certsinly was a song. Sang it as we walked back into town after the match. Get to barclay court and turn all the big bins over.get into the town and run through the market square whacking all the windows before getting the bus home... the joys of a kid in the 80s.:)

Certsinly was a song. Sang it as we walked back into town after the match. Get to barclay court and turn all the big bins over.get into the town and run through the market square whacking all the windows before getting the bus home... the joys of a kid in the 80s.:)
:lol::lol::lol:

From the banks of the river Wear
To the shores of Sicily
We’re gonna fight fight fight for Sunderland
‘Til we win the football league

To hell with Man United
To hell with Liverpool
We’re gonna fight fight fight for Sunderland
‘Til we win the football league

Or summat like that ;)

<< was a classic, should be brought back

• the referees a wanker
  • its nice to know youre here, now fuck off home and don't come back its nice know your here
  • Did you come in a taxi
  • You're so shit its unbelievable
  • ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you fat bastard/youre shit ahhhhhhhhhhhhh
Generally the songs that made Roker Park an intimidating place ... now its timid with songs sung to the tune of Heartbeat.

Mainly directed at the ref but also at the police one day when they forgot who they were trying to arrest. "You don't know what you're doing."

I think that chant was also directed at Gareth Hall and Jeff Whitley. It should have been directed also at Jack Rodwell.

Back