Chants you never heard sang at home anymore

I'd rather be quite saggy than a Mag. (I'm sure it was something like that ;))

I’d love to hear Haway the lads sung as it was at the 73 final -

Haway the Lads (long pause) Haway the Lads (long pause). About 4 x slower than it’s currently sung.

I remember when it suddenly seemed to speed up, so much more powerful at it's proper speed.

We hate Nottingham Fo-rest,
We hate Liverpool too,
We hate Manchester United,
But Sun,land we-ee love you.

Were the Mags the third team or was it Man Utd?

Has My Old Man been listed - didn't see it.

Gary Rowell World.

There's a circus in the town,
Kevin Keegan is a clown
Jonny Hall, has only got one ball
Newcastle, going down!

N and a E and a W C A S T LE UNI-TED
NEWCASTLE UNITED
FUCK OFF

Falklands war era whilst playing spurs, to the tune of the drunken sailor.
"What shall we do with the Argentinians what shall we do with the Argentinians, what shall we do with the Argentinians early in the morning..... bomb bomb bomb the bastards, bomb bomb bomb the bastards, bomb bomb bomb the bastards early in the morning".

Falklands war era whilst playing spurs, to the tune of the drunken sailor.
"What shall we do with the Argentinians what shall we do with the Argentinians, what shall we do with the Argentinians early in the morning..... bomb bomb bomb the bastards, bomb bomb bomb the bastards, bomb bomb bomb the bastards early in the morning".
Used to love the Michael Turner song we had to this tune.
Should be recycled IMO

I’d love to hear Haway the lads sung as it was at the 73 final -

Haway the Lads (long pause) Haway the Lads (long pause). About 4 x slower than it’s currently sung.
Agree with this...but it was not just a long pause, the "Haway the Lads" was punctuated with CLAP-CLAP-CLAP. Brilliant.
Also...from the same brilliant period, the slower chants of SUN-DER-LAND...not the rabid, rapid fire Sunderland-Sunderland-Sunderland to the poxy "Here We Go" tune.

Back