Changing career path at 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks canny.

If you can live with the ethics of it and I can as a libertarian. Obviously for people vulnerable to addiction it can take a hold as bad as drugs and potentially more destructive as its easier to hide in some ways but thus ignores 95% of people who enjoy a flutter responsibly. I'm not absolving operators of their duty of care to customers there's a lot more work to ve done however prohibition isn't the answer and woukd push more people to the unlicensed black market.

It's a fantastically creative and dynamic industry to work in, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Buzzing for you marra, plenty young fanny in them Igaming companies. If I had me head right I'd be back over soon as possible but I'm pretty settled in the civil service now and moving house on the weekend so it will have to wait.
Cheers , I had a lucky escape regards another company that you know well.
Will explain when you have time 😁
It could be many things - analysis of marketing / CRM effectiveness - which campaigns bring in most first time depositors / repeat depositors other measures of ROI. Could be analysis of product verticals - different games with different RTPs / placement of games on website etc. Could be straight forward finance analyst role.

Good luck mate good industry to work in both professionally and socially. Might see you at Sigma if it takes place this year.
Responsible gaming role

Last edited:
It is a disgusting industry, changed so much in the last 10 years.
A favourite trick , although they are repeatedly warned by the Gambling commission, is to delay withdrawals by asking for id repeatedly.
Which led to nigh on 42% of people cancelling the withdraw and then losing their winnings. This tactic was heralded a great success by bookmaking firms.
Now they are supposed to get peoples Id before allowing a bet. Not all adhere to this rule.

A favourite trick , although they are repeatedly warned by the Gambling commission, is to delay withdrawals by asking for id repeatedly.
Which led to nigh on 42% of people cancelling the withdraw and then losing their winnings. This tactic was heralded a great success by bookmaking firms.
Now they are supposed to get peoples Id before allowing a bet. Not all adhere to this rule.
Pretty sure the cancel feature is being removed or has been recently. That ID tactic is ridiculous.

I never really had a career until I was 50. Worked as a train driver, guitar teacher, Baker, postie, private tutor, car delivery person, cook... all kinds. Aged 50 I did a TEFL and fucked off to China. I was

Yep, funny how they get all precious about money laundering when you’re withdrawing, but don’t give a toss about the source of the money when you’re depositing and losing.

Am finished on the 30th June too.

Haven't a clue what to do to be honest

Got 6 months or so to sort something

I never really had a career until I was 50. Worked as a train driver, guitar teacher, Baker, postie, private tutor, car delivery person, cook... all kinds. Aged 50 I did a TEFL and fucked off to China. I was

Mate of mine does this (TEFL) and loves it.

He's in China, teaches in a school, has a decent flat and comes home 2 or 3 times a year.
He hasn't got a degree or anything, just did his TEFL course and off he went.
The first trip was a bit crap and he came home quite quickly as he'd been lied to as far as the deal went, but he switched companies and he got a better deal from then on. There's a decent expat community where he is and all he does is follow a preset course, teaching them the words, pronunciations and correct grammar.

Each day he goes in, turn the page to todays date and it lists what he has to tell them today.

I just keep imagining all these Chinese kids turning up at college in a few years with broad mackem accents.

Here man, yay man, miss man ... can we gan yem for our dinnaz it'll be on the chebble at fower...

He's in China, teaches in a school, has a decent flat and comes home 2 or 3 times a year.
The first trip was a bit crap and he came home quite quickly as he'd been lied to as far as the deal went, but he switched companies and he got a better deal from then on. There's a decent expat community where he is and all he does is follow a preset course, teaching them the words, pronunciations and correct grammar.

Each day he goes in, turn the page to todays date and it lists what he has to tell them today.

I just keep imagining all these Chinese kids turning up at college in a few years with broad mackem accents.

Here man, yay man, miss man ... can we gan yem for our dinnaz it'll be on the chebble at fower...

Say hello to Korean Billy

there was a lad on here who's sadly no longer with us who used to video his Chinese class learning pitmatic, bloody hilarious

I have been made redundant for the first time in my life.
On the 30th June my current contract ceases.
I found out this morning I have been successful in a job I applied for.
I've been in Banking roles for twenty years.
I'm entering the world of igaming , nervous but looking forward to it.
Anyone totally changed their role at my old twat age 🙂
Are there any other vacancies Mr PM has decided she wants to split up after 30 years together. House goes up for sale Wednesday . So at 54 looking for something new in a new place. Failing that what’s Malta like for a getaway from it all.
How easy was it to get the TEFL and did it get you a job straight away, thinking of doing that but would want to stay in Europe

Last edited:
Are there any other vacancies Mr PM has decided she wants to split up after 30 years together. House goes up for sale Wednesday . So at 54 looking for something new in a new place. Failing that what’s Malta like for a getaway from it all.
Depends on what you do mate .
Loads of work here currently.
Pm me if you need info

How easy was it to get the TEFL and did it get you a job straight away, thinking of doing that but would want to stay in Europe
Sorry to hear that. Best of luck going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back