Changing career path at 52

I have been made redundant for the first time in my life.
On the 30th June my current contract ceases.
I found out this morning I have been successful in a job I applied for.
I've been in Banking roles for twenty years.
I'm entering the world of igaming , nervous but looking forward to it.
Anyone totally changed their role at my old twat age 🙂
Good on you mate. I've made a point in changing industries as much as possible over my career. There are many transferable skills (depending on your role/experience) and whilst learning the operational/industry specific stuff can be a challenge it can also be very rewarding

I have been made redundant for the first time in my life.
On the 30th June my current contract ceases.
I found out this morning I have been successful in a job I applied for.
I've been in Banking roles for twenty years.
I'm entering the world of igaming , nervous but looking forward to it.
Anyone totally changed their role at my old twat age 🙂
I thought you were going into the sex party business?
How did the sex party work go?

I see my questions already been answered.

Sorry to hear about the job.

So what does the analyst role in igaming entail?

It could be many things - analysis of marketing / CRM effectiveness - which campaigns bring in most first time depositors / repeat depositors other measures of ROI. Could be analysis of product verticals - different games with different RTPs / placement of games on website etc. Could be straight forward finance analyst role.

Good luck mate good industry to work in both professionally and socially. Might see you at Sigma if it takes place this year.

be interesting to see where their morals are actually set if the analysis throws anything up about addiction, poverty etc

Honestly mate I have worked in industry for over 10 years its a completely different place (among companies with UK licence) than it was when I started out and rightfully so.

There are other less altruistic factors at play too - analysis shows that customers who have deposit limits for example remain longer customers - therefore the revenue is more sustainable for the business and the play is safer for the customer.

Honestly mate I have worked in industry for over 10 years its a completely different place (among companies with UK licence) than it was when I started out and rightfully so.

There are other less altruistic factors at play too - analysis shows that customers who have deposit limits for example remain longer customers - therefore the revenue is more sustainable for the business and the play is safer for the customer.
IIRC he might be based overseas though

The meaning of life - pints in the Deafy, the smell of Bovril, the lush green grass on the pitch, the enthusiasm and optimism of waving flags, Dance of the Knights making the hairs on your neck stand up and perving over Chris Maguire 😁
Or ....... cold windy day, horrible beer, a rain soaked walk to the ground, crap food crapper beer - lose the game - and get wet going home.

Buzzing for you marra, plenty young fanny in them Igaming companies. If I had me head right I'd be back over soon as possible but I'm pretty settled in the civil service now and moving house on the weekend so it will have to wait.

Well done for taking the leap mate.
The meaning of life - pints in the Deafy, the smell of Bovril, the lush green grass on the pitch, the enthusiasm and optimism of waving flags, Dance of the Knights making the hairs on your neck stand up and perving over Chris Maguire 😁
And then kickoff happens and ruins it all.

Last edited:
It could be many things - analysis of marketing / CRM effectiveness - which campaigns bring in most first time depositors / repeat depositors other measures of ROI. Could be analysis of product verticals - different games with different RTPs / placement of games on website etc. Could be straight forward finance analyst role.

Good luck mate good industry to work in both professionally and socially. Might see you at Sigma if it takes place this year.
Looks canny.

Back