Championship relegation watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
we could have Klopp in charge, still be in a relegation battle ever season, we’ve had some really good head coaches, but every one of them have always had their best player sold from under them, because that’s how we’re run as a club, the minute we’ve developed a player into someone who can demands wages higher than we pay they through the door, and we’re back to trying to develop players again, in league one it’s easy, in the championship it’s nearly impossible on the scale we have to do it.
You wouldn't have been in a relegation battle if you had this coach all season

Competing in the championship means winning your home games against the bottom half, winning 3 or 4 away games each season and picking up a few draws along the way. All you achieve is the opportunity to do the same boring mundane shite for another season. A club with our budget and profile as a club is always going to really struggle to achieve anything else at that level.

Being a well run club in league one, means bringing though youngsters, being a top draw to the better players at that level, winning most weeks home and away, spending the full season at the right end of the table challenging for the prizes = a league title or promotion, our playing philosophy is good quick passing attacking football, most teams in league one can’t cope with it and it’s a pleasure to watch.

I’d pick the latter every time. The former is decent for a season, but you don’t want it regularly.

L1 is no good for a club of Sunderlands size....i am actualky surprised you think L1 is right for Barnsley given that Rotherham and Doncaster both aspire to be in the championship

That Djed Spence looks a good player every time I've seen him play for Boro. Playing well again here.

Wigan, Barnsley and Luton down. Barnsley will be up there next season but I have no idea what will happen with Luton and Wigan.

Wigan, Barnsley and Luton down. Barnsley will be up there next season but I have no idea what will happen with Luton and Wigan.

Are wigan defo going to get deducted points? A tad harsh that the EFL are gonna dock them points after breaking their own rules allowing the bloke to take them over in the first place

Then everyone can claim it surely even a few years down the line when their owners turn out to be crooks and bellends

Their own rules said he should never of been allowed to buy the club. To then dock them 12 points when he turns out to be exactly what he is ( a crook ) is scandalous even for the EFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back