Championship relegation watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep your eye on Sheff Wed. Points deduction is a possibility this season. Clubs are threatening legal action against the EFL if they don't make a decision soon.

Championship clubs in danger of going down are saying they want a decision now and points deductions to come into play this season, sounds like Barnsley are all over it and I would assume Steve Gibson isnt far behind.

Top end is worth watching too. Brentford climbing.

He did but he left at the right time. Media compared it to Charlton and Curbishley but it was far more nuanced than that. His last two seasons were on the downward trend. The issue was not seeing Pulis leave, it was who we replaced him with and how long we kept him.

Investment at the back end of the PL years was chronically bad and that has continued.
We play in the same strip... You're copying us unfortunately in many ways keep the faith... The next few weeks are going to be massive for many clubs

It does, although Wigan's administration changes the situation a little.

Hard to maintain form I guess but fixtures of Brentford (A), QPR (H), Barnsley (A), Hull (H), Charlton (A) and Fulham (H) aren't a bad set for Wigan really. Fulham's season could well be finished by the last game as well with nothing to play for.

So Charlton lost 1-0 last night, and Stoke 1-0 up on Barnsley. The Wigan situation has kind of kicked the steam out of the scrap, and at the moment, you'd have to fancy Barnsley, Wigan, and Luton to go down, which would be good for us.

Long way to go in the Stoke match, but Barnsley certainly can't afford to lose it.

2-0 Stoke. Looking almost done and dusted in the space of 3 days, what with Wigan's -12, Huddersfield and Hull both winning and now this. Wigan and Barnsley will both be well odds on as it stands, and a still a lot for Luton to do. Looked like one or two 'bigger' clubs might drop, but now the 3 favourites wouldn't look out of place in League One.

I remember saying at the end of last season, the team that went up via the play offs (us or Charlton) would stay up and Luton and Barnsley will go down. Wish I put a bet on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back