Championship Relegation Thread

Aye, this season was a big chance for them and they blew it by appointing a DOF who was mates with Neil, essentially letting Neil have control over transfers and allowing him to bring in 24 players, 20 of whom were a steaming pile of shite.

Taking out the relegated PL sides, they were the second highest spenders in the division behind only Coventry. They might as well have set the money on fire.

No one would listen at the time mind and thought they'd have a great season.
Quite a lot of us could see we would struggle with the pile of 💩 we got in
Let’s hope so.
Thanks for your unwavered support , but it’s not over till it’s over 😩

Last edited:

Still up
In the air .. 1 win changes everything
Totally, still not much in it between bottom 3 and QPR in 19th. QPR’s last two games look very tough, if they don’t beat Preston at home next week or even worse lose, they could be in big bother. Likewise Birmingham’s last two are tough, but they’ve got Rotherham next week so that could see them alreet.

Logon or register to see this image

A mental battle down at the bottom of the Championship this season!

Rotherham are obviously long gone, but the bookies have the following odds for the rest to be relegated:

Wednesday 5/6
Huddersfield 13/8
Birmingham 7/4
Blackburn 3/1
Plymouth 3/1
QPR 4/1
Stoke 8/1

Unbelievable how tight it is down there and some massive games coming up in the last few weeks!

Who do you think are the two that will follow Rotherham down to League One?
Shef Wed look doomed

Huddersfield and Birmingham playing each other in a must win game, will put Wednesday to bed.

Gutted.

Completely dominated and deserved to win, but we can't put the ball in the net, we just lack the quality.

In a nutshell, we have to work so hard to score a goal but the opposition doesn't.

Awful results for us this past 2 days, it's looking grim.
Do you think Rohl would depart should you go down?

Do you think Rohl would depart should you go down?
It's funny, because part of me thinks we have more chance of keeping him if we go down!

He has seen the potential, the bond he has with the fans is incredible and if we do go down I rather think/hope he might stay and get us to storm league one next year. I believe he might think he owes the fans that.

If we go down and he leaves I really do fear for our short term future.

Gutted.

Completely dominated and deserved to win, but we can't put the ball in the net, we just lack the quality.

In a nutshell, we have to work so hard to score a goal but the opposition doesn't.

You definitely deserved to win , our form is hopeless

We did, but we just can't put the ball in the net!!

Fear we are done now along with Huddersfield, can't see us winning at Blackburn, but you never know!

You never do know, agreed.

Looking at QPR down to 23rd, all bar huddersfield have picked up 6 or 7 pts in the last 5.

Still time for a twist or two.

It's funny, because part of me thinks we have more chance of keeping him if we go down!

He has seen the potential, the bond he has with the fans is incredible and if we do go down I rather think/hope he might stay and get us to storm league one next year. I believe he might think he owes the fans that.

If we go down and he leaves I really do fear for our short term future.
he'd just Rohl with the punches :cool:

Gutted.

Not over yet mate …. Not by a long shot there will be a few more twists

Back