Norwich (c)
Watford (p)
—————————
Sunderland (p) v Middlesbrough
—————————
Rotherham (r)
Reading (r)
Birmingham (r)

Interesting that most have Norwich as going straight back up, talking to a Norwich fan at work and he's not convinced. Certainly a different feeling than in previous seasons.

I'd be happy with a mid table finish where we aren't worried about relegation heading into the final couple of months.

Promoted: Norwich, Watford, Sheff Utd

Relegated: Birmingham, Reading, Wigan

Us - 8th, a valiant effort where our squad just doesn't have the depth to reach the play offs.

Promoted:
Norwich
Millwall
Sheffield United

Think we will finish around mid table

Bottom 3:

Birmingham
Reading
Wigan

Genuinely believe Wigan won’t get to 20 points this season

Maybe Burnley and Watford for the top 2.
I know Kompany is a bit of an unknown quantity, but I think they could have a go at bouncing back up.
They've still got a handful of players that are more than good enough to compete in the Championship, and their connections to the City group.
I think it will be between Boro and Sheff Utd for the playoffs.

Relegated - Reading, Birmingham, Rotherham.

Sunderland - I would be happy with 12th. First season back in the Championship and it's not going to be easy.
I think we'll have a good go at it, we've got some decent players available and a good manager in charge. A lot will rest on how this window ends and what sort of squad depth we have when key players get injured.

Wycombe nearly survived tbf with a miniscule budget. Rotherham barely attempt to stay up and Charlton are a basket case.

We will stay up comfortably.
I hope so, and I think with the recruitment we should. I just think seeing people predict promotion or even being anywhere near the play-offs is very optimistic.

In the last four seasons the highest a promoted team has finished is 15th. Half of promoted teams tend to go straight back down. Only five of the last 24 promoted teams finished top half.

The immediate aim is survival and consolidation, then to build on that. I’m confident we can do that with this manager and recruitment team.

Having recently raised my opinion of Lee Hendrie from bawbag waster to football sage:

1st Norwich
2nd Sheffield United
P Sunderland - based on blind optimism

22 Blackpool
23 Brum
24 Rotherham - neither Washington or Eaves is a suitable replacement for Smith, looking like having a worse squad than L1

If I drop the optimism, I would probably go with West Brom through the playoffs. While I think Bruce is a busted flush, they have done some excellent early transfer business (Swift and Wallace).

Back