Champ Predictions

Think we need a quality midfielder and striker. Get them we'll be up there be tempted with another centre half as well. Anyone have Doyle back?

I predict 3 teams will go into administration and all get between 10 and 30 pt deductions meaning that about 40 points and a sound balance sheet will guarantee you survival

Not taking the piss because i haven't been following transfers much, but have you improved your squad that much? 8th seems a bit keen for a side who came up via play offs.
By the end of the season we were a better team than the other 2 promoted teams imo. 8th would still be a good finish though, although I do think we should be aiming for playoffs.

I think Boro and Watford up automatically, Norwich via playoffs. Birmingham, Rotherham and Reading to go down.

By the end of the season we were a better team than the other 2 promoted teams imo. 8th would still be a good finish though, although I do think we should be aiming for playoffs.

I think Boro and Watford up automatically, Norwich via playoffs. Birmingham, Rotherham and Reading to go down.

Having just looked at your squad i'm not sure where playoffs is coming from. Can happen though obviously there is always a random team who surprises people.

Think a few are getting away. Hard to make a judgment until we see the full picture of our transfer business, but it’s likely going to be a very hard season. The gulf between the leagues is a big one.
The big thing for me though is we won’t be playing teams week in week out who raise their game by 20-30% because they are playing us or face teams who just want to spoil it. I think we are more suited to the championship. There ll be ups and downs but I think we will be comfortable.

We are on a hiding to nothing.

When it comes down to it can anything ever replace the thrill of competing in the Pappa John Trophy in the life of our Club?

If Rotherham are predicted to go down by most then surely we will be? Outplayed us twice last season by some margin.
Rotherham are a strange one.

Lost their best two strikers to the league below, Grigg still not signed up, lost one of their starting Centre backs to the league below, their left-wing back who battered us has gone back to Arsenal.

They’ve only really brought in Eaves and Washington so far.

Obviously things can change with incomings though.

We are on a hiding to nothing.

When it comes down to it can anything ever replace the thrill of competing in the Pappa John Trophy in the life of our Club?
Hiding to nothing. Defined as “be unlikely to succeed, or be unlikely to gain much advantage if one does”. We were in that position in League One. Now we are promoted to a higher level how do you think that position has changed? We are now in the big pond with the big fish. Big name clubs with the one thing League One clubs coming up ultimately want and crave - notoriety. Who hasn’t read about or are familiar with clubs like Blackburn Rovers or Sheffield United? One look at their squad speaks volumes. Not great international level players but players we are all can name. This is the world of players like Lukas Jutkiewicz and Albert Abdomah who have replaced players like Bobby Zamora and Charlie Austin.

We have about 30 FA Cup Finals. Everyone as tough and as physically demanding as the last. Games that need us to be on our A+ game.

Back