Centon mirror lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

they see you coming a mile off like, probably see the jumper and weep slightly, before running in terror.

I have cotton wool on the bottom of the wellies, they hear nowt and then it's too late

What theme tune do you suggest if I do a sheepy youtube compilation?

The other thing about mirror lenses is that the out of focus areas are pretty ugly and distracting too. And obviously with a 500mm focal length there is very little in focus at all.

Big difference there, consider myself well and truly GASed for a glass tele.

Any (sensibly priced) recommendations?

Not sure what mount etc you're after? I have a Nikkor 180mm f2.8 and it's amazing (not that long of course, but not that bulky either). The manual focus 200mm f4 Nikkors are dirt cheap and fantastic quality also (but obviously a stop slower), and even smaller.

The other thing about mirror lenses is that the out of focus areas are pretty ugly and distracting too. And obviously with a 500mm focal length there is very little in focus at all.

They are an absolute bastard to focus. What looks dot on in the viewfinder can be some way out. The only model on the market with autofocus is a Sony fit.

Being a glutton for punishment I have just bought an MTO 1000mm f10 from Astro Buy/Sell, however this will be mainly used for astrophotography, where I can focus at leisure and tape in place.

Not sure what mount etc you're after? I have a Nikkor 180mm f2.8 and it's amazing (not that long of course, but not that bulky either). The manual focus 200mm f4 Nikkors are dirt cheap and fantastic quality also (but obviously a stop slower), and even smaller.

Canon. I've got a Leica Telyt 180mm which is probably better cropped than the Centon, but I am thinking 500mm. Sigma 150-500 APO - any cop?

Getting back to Venus.. Where can I get a cheap filter for the transit?

I don't want to shell out for an ND filter or whatever it is.. Would a bit of welder's glass work? and where do they see that stuff?

ta

Nah, cant be arsed with all that, takes too long, just run into the flock and grab one :)

Curious buggers sheep tho, stupid as well.

Or they like us to think so :eek:

All this while I think they've been plotting something

I think their mask slipped once on Red Scarth Moor

They surrounded me and gave me some intimidatory baaaing

I was forced to retreat into the focus

Getting back to Venus.. Where can I get a cheap filter for the transit?

I don't want to shell out for an ND filter or whatever it is.. Would a bit of welder's glass work? and where do they see that stuff?

ta

Are you after a Darwin award or what?

Either project the sun onto card, use a proper solar filter or don't bother. Welding glass won't cut out UV radiation that will fuck up your eyesight or sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back