CC : Worcesrershire vs Durham

I would as Worcestershire made no effort yesterday to push the game on.

I think the time that they took out of the game yesterday going absolutely nowhere has killed any chance they may have had of setting up a game.

Leicestershire have taken 4 wickets and Yorkshire lead by 70, so there is every chance that they get a result there further harming Worcestershire’s chances of promotion.

Lees out lbw for 60, which given his form recently must count as some sort of failure :eek:

92-2.

Thought i'd put in here to avoid another blaydon races thread but

Counties are considering the possibility of playing short-form cricket under the names of their local football and rugby clubs as they prepare to vote on the future of the Hundred.
As revealed by The Times, the controversial 100-ball tournament could be entirely scrapped and replaced with a county-based competition, played in a football league-style pyramid, as ECB officials grapple with the long-term future of the Hundred and the increasing pressure on budgets.
The ECB will present county chiefs with a number of options for the direction of the men’s competition next month, which include: keeping the Hundred as it is with the eight existing teams; increasing it to a ten-team tournament to include a team based around Taunton/Bristol and a team based in Durham; or getting rid of the eight existing teams and replacing them with county-based teams in a larger competition to be played in a league system, with promotion and relegation.

The proposals will also include ideas about garnering private investment into either the existing Hundred by selling equity in the teams, or a new model whereby the 18 first-class counties — or all 39 first-class and National (formerly minor) counties — can bring in their own private investment.
There have already been discussions between some counties and their local football or rugby club that could lead to counties playing under different names in an attempt to harness other local sports fans. For example, Sussex could play as Brighton & Hove Albion or Durham as Newcastle United.:eek::eek::eek::eek:
One area up for discussion will be whether it is sensible to continue having two short-form competitions: the T20 Blast and the Hundred. Some counties have noticed a negative knock-on impact on their Blast ticket sales because it has been squeezed into a shorter time period, meaning more games being played on the traditionally difficult to sell evenings of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
English cricket is facing financial pressures and these will be substantially increased when the ECB announces an equality and diversity action plan next week in response to the recommendations made by the Independent Commission for Equity in Cricket this year.
The action plan will contain a number of areas of work to improve equality in the sport but they come with a price tag of more than £5 million a year, which, combined with the costs of giving women cricketers the same level of match fees as the men and the pressure to increase the value of central contracts to combat the threat from franchise leagues, means the ECB is under significant financial pressure.

Get rid of the hundred, go all in on the t20 (the most popular format in the world)

Create an FA cup style competition where local clubs get to play the first few rounds before the big boys come in during round 3, spread it across the season instead of having blocks and put the money you were wasting on the 16.4 into bringing more world class players into county, t20 and i dare i say it 50 overs and find ways to get england players involved again.

And get it on the telly FFS or make a real go of promoting watching it free online or even a subscription method like the NBA etc does

I think the time that they took out of the game yesterday going absolutely nowhere has killed any chance they may have had of setting up a game.

Leicestershire have taken 4 wickets and Yorkshire lead by 70, so there is every chance that they get a result there further harming Worcestershire’s chances of promotion.

Lees out lbw for 60, which given his form recently must count as some sort of failure :eek:

92-2.

Yeah I am keeping a close eye on the Leicester game, it could get very interesting and if it does it makes our game next week a bit more interesting also

I see Jones got out cheap again. Seems churlish to complain after the season we've had, but the lad has been a passenger this season.

We're going to need to address our lack of depth in the top order to compete in Div 1. Ackerman comes in at 3 and Borthwick opens..??

I see Jones got out cheap again. Seems churlish to complain after the season we've had, but the lad has been a passenger this season.

We're going to need to address our lack of depth in the top order to compete in Div 1. Ackerman comes in at 3 and Borthwick opens..??

He started the season really well but has dropped off more recently form wise.

Had an excellent year last one didnt he?

Aye lets jettison him after a down year and replace him with someone everyone was calling to dump this time last season :confused:

Maybe let's just persevere with a young player who has shown plenty of promise

It’s been a while since I can remember us having a game like this, where it’s the fourth day and there is absolutely zero chance of a result. I don’t suppose the lads will mind though, bat til 16:20, declare, shake hands and get away home an hour early.

It’s been a while since I can remember us having a game like this, where it’s the fourth day and there is absolutely zero chance of a result. I don’t suppose the lads will mind though, bat til 16:20, declare, shake hands and get away home an hour early.

still try and play for batting points, we have a record to get but very surprised with Worcestershire yesterday

guessing its 300 and that's the 5 points we officially need ? Unless my maths is wrong :lol:

seems I'm wrong and points already in the bag

Last edited:

Back