CC : Worcesrershire vs Durham

Well two games to go and as everyone knows we are now celebrating promotion back to Div 1 following the Sussex v Leics game. Officially we need five points to be guaranteed of the title although we are so far ahead of the hosts ( 44 points) that we most likely won't need that.

Vishna Fernando the Sri Lankan fast medium bowler joins the ranks for the last two fixtures seeing as how Potts and Carse are in the One Day England squad for the games against Ireland while de Leede is joining up with the Holland squad (the Club haven't announced whether he misses both games or just the Leics home one although Ackermann is missing both so I guess it'll be the same for Bas.)

Worcs looked a decent team when we played them in our first home game this season and their more than generous first innings declaration on 366-5 with Haynes 134no and the game heading for a draw set up what turned out to be a thrilling victory for us with Kuhnemann (remember him? :lol: ) taking five wickets including the dramatic one at the end.

The hosts will have an eye on third place Sussex who, following their aforementioned dramatic win over Leics, are 18 points behind the Pears with two winnable games against Derbyshire and Gloucs while Worcs and Leics both play us and Yorkshire.

Tbh I'd like to see either Worcs or Leics clinch the second place as not only are they closer geographically but their supporters have seen them turning into feeder clubs for the likes of Notts and Warwickshire. Of course Worcs will be losing three of their best players in Tongue, Haynes and Pennington to Notts at the end of the season and also their coach Alan Richardson always seems a decent bloke and always was good craic when he used to field on the boundary during his playing days.

Anyway enough of Worcs. Let's wish a safe and happy journey to any of our supporters making the journey to that lovely ground and let's see us wrap the title up so we can all celebrate at the Riverside for our final game against Leics.

Haway The Lads !!!

Last edited:

You been on the sauce :lol:

Haway Durham
Acceptable spelling is Howay or Hawway not Haway
Well two games to go and as everyone knows we are now celebrating promotion back to Div 1 following the Sussex v Leics game. Officially we need five points to be guaranteed of the title although we are so far ahead of the hosts ( 44 points) that we most likely won't need that.

Vishna Fernando the Sri Lankan fast medium bowler joins the ranks for the last two fixtures seeing as how Potts and Carse are in the One Day England squad for the games against Ireland while de Leede is joining up with the Holland squad (the Club haven't announced whether he misses both games or just the Leics home one although Ackermann is missing both so I guess it'll be the same for Bas.)

Worcs looked a decent team when we played them in our first home game this season and their more than generous first innings declaration on 366-5 with Haynes 134no and the game heading for a draw set up what turned out to be a thrilling victory for us with Kuhnemann (remember him? :lol: ) taking five wickets including the dramatic one at the end.

The hosts will have an eye on third place Sussex who, following their aforementioned dramatic win over Leics, are 18 points behind the Pears with two winnable games against Derbyshire and Gloucs while Worcs and Leics both play us and Yorkshire.

Tbh I'd like to see either Worcs or Leics clinch the second place as not only are they closer geographically but their supporters have seen them turning into feeder clubs for the likes of Notts and Warwickshire. Of course Worcs will be losing three of their best players in Tongue, Haynes and Pennington to Notts at the end of the season and also their coach Alan Richardson always seems a decent bloke and always was good craic when he used to field on the boundary during his playing days.

Anyway enough of Worcs. Let's wish a safe and happy journey to any of our supporters making the journey to that lovely ground and let's see us wrap the title up so we can all celebrate at the Riverside for our final game against Leics.

Haway The Lads !!!
I'f we declare our 1st innings on 366-5 we'll be champions. 3 batting points and deprive Worcs of 2 bowling points
That's providing Sussex don't get maximum 48 pts

Last edited:
Should be normal admission prices as it could well be a full days play. If we only need a wicket or 30 runs for example aye fair enough

See your point as the loyal (and previously long suffering) members have already paid, but I think it would be a good PR exercise.

I would also get membership info for next season out there to try and attract a few more.

Get the Champions t-shirts (with the CC badge) in the shop anarl 😁

Back