CC :: Notts v Durham

Good luck for the season lads (except when you play us). I like the positivity coming out your team this year and I feel Bancroft is going to have a really good season when he arrives.

Gerrin! First match. Proper cricket is back.

Only a matter of time before Potts is involved.

(still a Salisbury fan too, and I think Poynter is a good wickie)
i do like salisbury too although he seemed to drift out of the team.... think our attack looked much better with him and rushy together being able to use aggressive bowling from the likes of carse, potts, coughlin more sparingly rather than over relying on them, they're all pretty expensive more often than not
I'd be happy if that was our score at the end of the first day.:D

i'd take 270 all out tbh, that's usually a decent first innings for durham! then rely on rushy & co to skittle us on to a win :cool:

Last edited:
Was supposed to say ‘hedging my bets naming 13.’
HEDFING (noun)

A token deployed by a cricket team, similar to the joker in "It's a Knockout", permitting them to deploy two extra players over the normal eleven for a specified match

Example: Durham have deployed their Hedfing. Rushworth will open the bowling to an attacking field of five slips, three gullies and three short legs.

HEDFING (noun)

A token deployed by a cricket team, similar to the joker in "It's a Knockout", permitting them to deploy two extra players over the normal eleven for a specified match

Example: Durham have deployed their Hedfing. Rushworth will open the bowling to an attacking field of five slips, three gullies and three short legs.
Have a like for mentioning the joker in 'Its A Knockout' ...and here's Arthur Ellis with his dipstick. (anyone under 30 may be scratching their heads at this :lol:)

i do like salisbury too although he seemed to drift out of the team.... think our attack looked much better with him and rushy together being able to use aggressive bowling from the likes of carse, potts, coughlin more sparingly rather than over relying on them, they're all pretty expensive more often than not

i'd take 270 all out tbh, that's usually a decent first innings for durham! then rely on rushy & co to skittle us on to a win :cool:
I agree. I was looking forward to seeing Potts. But Coggers is a big question mark for me.

I agree. I was looking forward to seeing Potts. But Coggers is a big question mark for me.

due to injury records it feels like potts, coughlin & carse are all around the same point in their careers. all still have it all to prove imo
Just been discharged from hospital and on sick leave looking for distractions. Looking forward to chilling out with the live stream

get better soon pal

Back