CC: Leicestershire v Durham

After the gritty display at Sedbergh to get a draw, Durham move on to the slightly less picturesque surroundings of Grace Road for out third successive away fixture.

Ah yes...Who could forget Grace Road last September when Durham were skittled for 61 and 66 in the same day courtesy of Mohammad Abbas and a hurricane.:eek: Pretty sure the hurricane won't show up this time but Abbas should.

Leics currently lie in 8th place- three points behind Durham having won one and drawn five of their eight games so far.

No squad news announced as yet but seeing how Rimmington tops both the bowling and batting averages after his first game of the season it's fair to say he deserves to keep his place.

Let's hope we can add to our meagre tally of two CC victories against Leics in our first class history and catapult us up the table.

Haway The Lads!!!!

Last edited:

Leicestershire next up for Durham | Durham Cricket Campbell in squad and Carse and Weighell omitted.

I saw him bowling for the Uni back in March at the Riverside. Took 0-87 and 0-24.

Leicestershire next up for Durham | Durham Cricket Campbell in squad and Carse and Weighell omitted.

You would think that if DCCC are going to post info on their site they would at least try to make sure it's right.
Leics may have stood in 5th place with us 6th but there's been another round of games since then!

Stick to this forum lads and lasses if you want correct info.:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
not fit?

problem with these lads, it hurts our consistency

I’m hoping with Carse it’s simply that the club are managing his workload through what is quite a busy part of the season.

Live Stream for today - LCCC Live Stream - will start closer to 11:00 I’d imagine.

Saw Grace Road on the box for the Wimmins Ashes last week. Looked like a glorified club ground tbh.

The boundaries will be back to a proper size for this game though to be fair.

Last edited:
Durham batting first.

Campbell makes his debut. Good luck to the lad.
Hope he does well.

With (presumably) Salisbury, Potts, Weighell and Carse out with injury-related issues it proves the point that a team needs a squad strength in depth in the bowling department.

Interesting that he's been picked ahead of Coughlin. Is that another injury or Campbell is a good talent?

Hope he does well.

With (presumably) Salisbury, Potts, Weighell and Carse out with injury-related issues it proves the point that a team needs a squad strength in depth in the bowling department.

Interesting that he's been picked ahead of Coughlin. Is that another injury or Campbell is a good talent?

Coughlin missed the recent Second XI Final through injury.

Durham 21/1
Lees lbw Abbas 5

Last edited:
55 for 4 Clark goes for 4. Lees decision for LBW looked harsh from where I’m sat. Looked high and going down leg side. All the rest regulation stuff. No idea why we opted to bat first given how weak the batting is. Should have gone for the no toss and fielded. We’ve got a decent bowling attack and could have tried to bowl them out cheaply.

At this rate Banger will have to score a double ton just so we can post a competitive score. Problem is who would at the other end?

4 down and Clark out for 4.

he has played 5 innings this season for a grand total of 40 run ... tbh I was surprised it was that many.

1 n.o in there so an ave of 10
Harte averages around 25 this year and Burnham 24 (after today). Trevaskis is at 22 before today's innings. Problem is, we have few alternatives...

Trevaskis gone for 3...

Last edited:
75-5 - Trevaskis lbw and one of the worst decisions you’ll see all year. Ball pitched about a foot outside of leg. Watch the video on the website and pause it when it pitches.

Back