CC :: Essex v Durham

Some reason we batted him at like 9 after being an amazing opener with short.

Utterly baffling
He dropped down the order after having a series of failures opening at the beginning of last season's Blast. What was baffling was that he was playing his club cricket,with no conspicuous success, batting in the middle order for Durham City in the lower reaches of the pyramid.
Will be interesting to keep an eye on the 2nd XI scorecard today, to see whether any players are withdrawn ahead of the Senior side game starting tomorrow.
Noticeably Coughlin hasn't bowled in the morning session.

Last edited:
He dropped down the order after having a series of failures opening at the beginning of last season's Blast. What was baffling was that he was playing his club cricket,with no conspicuous success, batting in the middle order for Durham City in the lower reaches of the pyramid.

Noticeably Coughlin hasn't bowled in the morning session.
Named in the 13 man squad for 1st team at Essex tomorrow

"Series of failures" = 3 games.

According to the interwebs he only played two games for Durham City CC last year, and was top scorer in one (albeit only 29 on a low scoring wicket).

That strikes me as a temporary run of poor form considering his performances in 2019.
Sol Bell making 50 this time round

Dickson 2 to go with his 3 in the first innings.

"Series of failures" = 3 games.

According to the interwebs he only played two games for Durham City CC last year, and was top scorer in one (albeit only 29 on a low scoring wicket).

That strikes me as a temporary run of poor form considering his performances in 2019
Each to his own. Strikes me as a drastic downturn in form/confidence last season. I'm in no way trying to discredit the lad but he aggregated 40 runs in 6 T20 inns last season. And chose to play at a low level of club cricket. A concern to say the least.
Let's hope Dickson is only suffering a temporary loss of form.

Last edited:
message from whed who is banned for another week..... cameron steel is on a 2 month loan with hampshire"

What did whed get banned for? Thought he was unusually quiet.

I think a change of club could benefit Cameron, but amazed its a first division club not mc

Each to his own. Strikes me as a drastic downturn in form/confidence last season. I'm in no way trying to discredit the lad but he aggregated 40 runs in 6 T20 inns last season. And chose to play at a low level of club cricket. A concern to say the least.
Let's hope Dickson is only suffering a temporary loss of form.
Has Dickson shown any other type of form?

Essex won the toss and elected to bat. Few early wickets haway lads
Wicket third ball, Rushworth Bowled Brown. Get in.

Last edited:

Back