CC :: Essex v Durham

I may not be here for this game. Warned for libellous posting. Pm if you want to know exactly what it was.

so good luck all and Durham
Just to happen to me for schoolboy banter all the time on Non League Zone .Nowt nasty or hurtful .Just banter between consenting adults.Hence why I had 5 aliases 😅
Used to happen to me for schoolboy banter all the time on Non League Zone .Nowt nasty or hurtful .Just banter between consenting adults.Hence why I had 5 aliases 😅

Last edited:
Young in for Jones a certainty.
Thomson under consideration for this game because I cannot see him playing at the Riverside, in April.
Likely to be a seamer rested for Coughlin.
2nd team at Essex today, 4 day game.
Clark, Sol Bell,Jones,Dickson,Bushnell, Coughlin,Thomson, Trevaskis,Potts, Mackintosh(wk), Gibson,Campbell.
I thought Sol Bell had been released at the end of last season.

Puts Potts well in the frame for Thursday's game.Be interesting to see who he replaces ?🤔
Why would a bowler scoring runs in a second team match be "in the frame" for the 1st team.
If he bowls well and takes some wickets, THEN he would be "in the frame".
The gulf between 1sts and 2nds is massive.

Why would a bowler scoring runs in a second team match be "in the frame" for the 1st team.
Thanks for reminding me about the gulf between the 2 sides 🙄 If I was sole selector then it would be Young for Jones.Potts can feel slightly aggrieved at missing the Notts game.So if Durham are making bowling changes then Potts is reminding them at the first opportunity this season he can bat . Hope this makes you happier.
Thanks for reminding me about the gulf between the 2 sides 🙄 If I was sole selector then it would be Young for Jones.Potts can feel slightly aggrieved at missing the Notts game.So if Durham are making bowling changes then Potts is reminding them at the first opportunity this season he can bat as well. Hope this makes you happier.

Last edited:
Puts Potts well in the frame for Thursday's game.Be interesting to see who he replaces ?🤔

Don't think you could drop anyone, other than Jones, on the Notts performance.
Thanks for reminding me about the gulf between the 2 sides 🙄 If I was sole selector then it would be Young for Jones.Potts can feel slightly aggrieved at missing the Notts game.So if Durham are making bowling changes then Potts is reminding them at the first opportunity this season he can bat . Hope this makes you happier.

He must be ahead of Coughlin for an all rounder spot, if Carse or Raine got injured. You could feasibly drop Burnham and move the others up one to slot Potts in at seven, depends how much you need the extra seamer.

Last edited:
Agree, but it makes sense to rotate the seam attack. Not so sure about Carse who's going at 5+ runs per over.
on a different tac, notice no Cameron Steel in the 2nds- still in Aussie?

Don't think you rotate your best side against the county champions.

Carse is an impact bowler and always goes at 5 an over. Matty Potts hasn't proven himself in First Class cricket, I think it would be a big ask to bring him in against Essex.

If only he was a batsman...

Potts was already in the frame, scoring runs is a reminder not only that he can bat, but that we could be a good shout further up the order. He is very highly thought of already

Don't think you rotate your best side against the county champions.

Carse is an impact bowler and always goes at 5 an over. Matty Potts hasn't proven himself in First Class cricket, I think it would be a big ask to bring him in against Essex.

If only he was a batsman...
yes but if you go at 5 an over you need a far better strike rate than Carse offers. I can see his potential on hard firm midsummer pitches. Borthwick underused him in the 2nd innings at Notts

I doubt it will be the same 4 seamers who played against Notts will play against Essex. I wouldn't be surprised if they have already been told pre season that they will be rotated and all will be rested during this first block of championship matches.

yes but if you go at 5 an over you need a far better strike rate than Carse offers. I can see his potential on hard firm midsummer pitches. Borthwick underused him in the 2nd innings at Notts

Personally I think atm carse, coughlin & potts are all much of a muchness - wicket takers but too expensive to be relied on too much at this stage. Need to either tighten up with ball or get good enough with the bat to be a fifth seamer/all rounder
I doubt it will be the same 4 seamers who played against Notts will play against Essex. I wouldn't be surprised if they have already been told pre season that they will be rotated and all will be rested during this first block of championship matches.

No concerns really about rushy, raine, sailsibury but carse, coggere, potts have all struggled with fitness so rotating them seems sensible

Last edited:

Hes got a strike rate of 52.5 which is better than Raine's.

Personally I think atm carse, coughlin & potts are all much of a muchness - wicket takers but too expensive to be relied on too much at this stage

Statistically, Carse is way ahead of the other two:

Potts:
Average: 42.57
SR: 85.80

Coughlin:
Average: 35.16
SR: 59.40

Carse:
Average: 34.53
SR: 52.50

Back