Average: 42.57
SR: 85.80

Coughlin:
Average: 35.16
SR: 59.40

Carse:
Average: 34.53
SR: 52.50

Career wise sure, but carse has barely played in two-three years and potts has only what half a season of experience? Cant really compare the two.

Raine can't remove a tail-ender with a 90mph yorker. He offers something different to the other seamers.

Coggers and potts have some wheels anarl like. Not arguing against carse, I like him.

Carse was touted as a potential England quality all rounder, personally I'm greedy, I'd love to see him able to bat around 5/6 and be used as a really attacking bowler in short spurts.

Coggers and potts have some wheels anarl like. Not arguing against carse, I like him.

Carse was touted as a potential England quality all rounder, personally I'm greedy, I'd love to see him able to bat around 5/6 and be used as a really attacking bowler in short spurts.

I think he's capable of batting higher up the order, but then again so is Raine.

Iam more baffled by Durham's use of Raine's batting skills than his bowling. For a lad who they where grooming as an opening batsmen in his late teens and early 2Os to be batting regularly at 9 or sometimes 10 in the order is very strange especially as when he bats he looks decent. Last season especially he should have been battling much higher up the order.

Iam more baffled by Durham's use of Raine's batting skills than his bowling. For a lad who they where grooming as an opening batsmen in his late teens and early 2Os to be batting regularly at 9 or sometimes 10 in the order is very strange especially as when he bats he looks decent. Last season especially he should have been battling much higher up the order.
When has he batted 10? 8 seems about right and where I've seen him bat for us mostly like. Think he might get dropped down if we need some slogging

When has he batted 10? 8 seems about right and where I've seen him bat for us mostly like. Think he might get dropped down if we need some slogging

Slogging is one thing Raine is good at. He has a T20 century for Leicestershire and batted at 3 in the blast last season.

Ben Raine scored 208 in 166 balls for Leicester v Essex at Chelmsford in second xi championship final in 2014. Matt Salisbury opened the bowling for Essex!

Agree, but it makes sense to rotate the seam attack. Not so sure about Carse who's going at 5+ runs per over.
on a different tac, notice no Cameron Steel in the 2nds- still in Aussie?
Just seen Cameron Steel opening the batting for Hampshire seconds v a strong Surrey team. Currently 44no.
Just seen Cameron Steel opening the batting for Hampshire seconds v a strong Surrey team. Currently 44no.
now 97no

Last edited:

Back