CC : Durham vs Sussex

Only need another 5 points to be mathematically certain of promotion by my quick calculations. Understandably, that depends on both Leics and Worcs getting max points from their remaining games - which is hopefully not going to happen.

Only need another 5 points to be mathematically certain of promotion by my quick calculations. Understandably, that depends on both Leics and Worcs getting max points from their remaining games - which is hopefully not going to happen.
We play both so not a hope in hell

More likely we come out of those games with 48 points, as weather predicted to remain very good.

8 wickets in the match for Matt Parkinson. Have we signed the wrong twin for next season?
Kent perhaps offered better terms. Better chance of England call up cos of Key being a Kent fan?

It is interesting that Callum will be playing Division One and Matty could be playing Division Two.

Marty predicting with Lancs winning they might let Kent take him for their last 3 games now.

But Lancs not mathematically safe even with a 47 and 53 point gap over Middlesex and Kent. As still 3 games to go for all 3.

As things stand, we only need 5 points to win the title also, bit of an anomaly with the game in hand for Leicestershire where both they and Worcestershire can get 202 points.

Realistically, it’s done :cool:
8 wickets in the match for Matt Parkinson. Have we signed the wrong twin for next season?

I very much got the impression from Campbell yesterday on comms that he’d have liked to have been able to get both.
Marty predicting with Lancs winning they might let Kent take him for their last 3 games now.

Totally bizarre scenario this week that, allowing him to come to us on loan over playing for Kent because of how it could effect the relegation plight of Lancashire.

I get it, it’s business, but the loan system in county cricket is all a bit mad anyway.

Last edited:
Canny performance for the lighthouse for the seconds.

82 from 54 with the bat in first innings and 7/57 with the ball in the second.

Third innings hasn't gone well Durham out for 198 and Warks need 263 to win and currently 26/0 from 3.4

Totally bizarre scenario this week that, allowing him to come to us on loan over playing for Kent because of how it could effect the relegation plight of Lancashire.

I get it, it’s business, but the loan system in county cricket is all a bit mad anyway.
Somerset took Bess on loan earlier in the season. After loaning him to Yorkshire last season and then he joined permanently this season.

All the while Yorkshire loaned Moriaty from Surrey. Like how can you loan out a spinner and bring in another one when no injury has occurred.

Why did Somerset get rid of Bess if then decided a few months later they needed him again.

Kent perhaps offered better terms. Better chance of England call up cos of Key being a Kent fan?

It is interesting that Callum will be playing Division One and Matty could be playing Division Two.

But Lancs not mathematically safe even with a 47 and 53 point gap over Middlesex and Kent. As still 3 games to go for all 3.
To be fair I think his signing to Kent was completed even before his first loan spell Shame as he has been very really looks good when any element of turn about.

We sit out the next round of matches (along with Worcester) so technically we can be promoted without even playing and then wrap up the title at Worcester.

I've been critical lately of Borthwick but ..... . . . . . ...... I have to acknowledge he's fully worth his place in this side because of his captaincy and egged on by Campbell. He's a bit of a star captaincy-wise.

Also in his end of match interview he's highlighted the control Parky has over the ball, which for a leg spinner is hard and the reason there're not that common in red ball cricket. Lancs must have some talent in their ranks if they're willing to let him go.

To be fair I think his signing to Kent was completed even before his first loan spell Shame as he has been very really looks good when any element of turn about.

Sounds like an excellent teammate too, a few people around the team have commented on how valuable he is in the dressing room.

Back