CC : Durham vs Sussex

Red ball cricket finally returns to the Riverside on Sunday for the first time since July 12. With three games to go for us we are 40 points ahead of Worcs, 54 points ahead of 3rd place Glamorgan while our opponents are 61 points behind having played a game less.

Sussex are undefeated this season but have won only one game and we all know who that was against ! A brief look at comments on their Facebook page sees members unsurprisingly concluding that this is down to their inability to bowl teams out twice and they don't seem to be overly impressed with the signing of Indian medium pacer Jaydev Unadkat for the final games or indeed the performance of Head Coach Paul Farbrace. They do however have the classy Pujara back and rumours are that the other Ollie Robinson may be playing and no doubt he would cause problems for us.

As for us - well after a month of bench warming we will be expecting Robinson, Clark, Raine, Potts and De Leede to be back in the team although Carse of course is away on International bench warming duties. There has been no announcement of any replacement for Pretorious or Parkinson so if we are to play a spinner, which has been Campbell's modus operandi this season, then it looks like it will be the departing Trevaskis or maybe George Drissell.

As for the weather - well your guess is as good as mine but a win would nigh on secure us promotion. Other games to keep an eye on are:

Leics v Gloucs
Worcs v Glamorgan

So let's get there and get behind Durham if we can and Haway The Lads !!!

Very difficult to get an overseas as the Aussie season starts before ours ends and the Asian cup takes place. Also Parkinson is more likely to remain at Kent.
If all results go in our favour next week promotion is all but guaranteed,; if all go against it's squeaky bum time.

Red ball cricket finally returns to the Riverside on Sunday for the first time since July 12. With three games to go for us we are 40 points ahead of Worcs, 54 points ahead of 3rd place Glamorgan while our opponents are 61 points behind having played a game less.

Sussex are undefeated this season but have won only one game and we all know who that was against ! A brief look at comments on their Facebook page sees members unsurprisingly concluding that this is down to their inability to bowl teams out twice and they don't seem to be overly impressed with the signing of Indian medium pacer Jaydev Unadkat for the final games or indeed the performance of Head Coach Paul Farbrace. They do however have the classy Pujara back and rumours are that the other Ollie Robinson may be playing and no doubt he would cause problems for us.

As for us - well after a month of bench warming we will be expecting Robinson, Clark, Raine, Potts and De Leede to be back in the team although Carse of course is away on International bench warming duties. There has been no announcement of any replacement for Pretorious or Parkinson so if we are to play a spinner, which has been Campbell's modus operandi this season, then it looks like it will be the departing Trevaskis or maybe George Drissell.

As for the weather - well your guess is as good as mine but a win would nigh on secure us promotion. Other games to keep an eye on are:

Leics v Gloucs
Worcs v Glamorgan

So let's get there and get behind Durham if we can and Haway The Lads !!!

Ha’way Durham!

I'll be there on the Sunday, weather permitting, before I head up to Scotland for a week's post school holiday recuperation. I didn't get to any of the one day cup games because of the constant stream of small people running me ragged, so it's been a while since I've watched any cricket. Crikey... the sun was shining, which shows how long ago it was

Not that I expect the Trapdoor to be open for the Sussex game but just seen a snippet on Look North of Carse practicing ahead of the International T20 match and the section that has been fenced off all season now has green seats.:eek:

Oh and it appears we may be getting sunny weather for the game on Sunday - if anyone still believes the forecasters.

Not that I expect the Trapdoor to be open for the Sussex game but just seen a snippet on Look North of Carse practicing ahead of the International T20 match and the section that has been fenced off all season now has green seats.:eek:

Oh and it appears we may be getting sunny weather for the game on Sunday - if anyone still believes the forecasters.
Haway the seats

Love owt like this me 😍

let's hope that the Trapdoor doesn't live up to its name during the international.
North on stand by with a hoist.

Last edited:
Those green seats were there for the last international game. That’s the premium offering from Seat Unique, view behind the bowlers arm and exclusive use of some portaloos.

Those green seats were there for the last international game. That’s the premium offering from Seat Unique, view behind the bowlers arm and exclusive use of some portaloos.
Know the one you're on about - the tall narrow stand that was between the gym and the sightscreen for the 100°F game v S Africa last July.

These ones are all in the Trapdoor (the area where the Durham School banner has been all season and the section to the right of it).

Back