CC : Durham vs Leicestershire

What an absolute joy this season has been. We've absolutely smashed it with some wonderful attacking cricket and every single player has contributed ever so well. The freedom given by Ryan Campbell ever so good to see and the captain has been allowed to captain which every single player and fan has bought into tremendously way in such a positive relentless manner. We've won the league by 66 points, unbelievable. I said on here we just needed a competent coach as I knew these players had it in them to do something but never did I expect such dominance so soon under a new coach. We will have some good news on the contract front in the next week or so. Talk of Scott Boland as already mentioned is very interesting. It has been an absolute joy to watch this year after a tough time since relegation. Looking ahead to division one will bring new challenges but I sincerely hope we continue to be positive which I'm sure we will be. The craic with friends at the games has been great, such a difference to last season where truth be told it was a chore whilst this year it has been an absolute pleasure. Winter well folks, and we shall see what happens. Stick with the lads. Well done Durham, we're back where we belong.

A tremendous season in the CC where we have played attacking cricket and have absolutely thrashed quite a few of the opposing teams. I thought we had a good chance of being promoted last season but that turned into nothing but a false hope. This season I would have been very pleased with just being promoted so to win the Div. 2 Title by the significant margin we did was astounding. Hopefully we are now on an upwards trajectory and can soon have a crack at winning the Div. 1 Title.

Back