CC : Durham vs Leicestershire

Double checked to make sure the spelling of Leics is correct! :D So we arrive at our final fixture of a red ball cricket campaign that has surpassed even our wildest dreams. We go into the game 47 points ahead of second placed Worcs and an astonishing 69 ahead of Leics in 3rd. The title is ours!

Our opponents have themselves had a great season winning the One Day Cup in dramatic style and had it not been for a narrow defeat to the Sussex Skullduggeries and the rain denying them against Yorkshire they themselves could have been joining us in the top flight next season. As it is Worcs only require a maximum 3 points (if that).

Ackermann isn't available for this match and our other Leics acquisition Callum Parkinson missed the last game. For us I imagine de Leede will have joined up with his Dutch team mates so maybe Bushnell will come in. When I was at the Second XI game on Monday the pitch looked as if it was more over to the old scoreboard side of the square.

If we are able to let's all try to get down to the ground at some time to get behind the lads and see them lift the Trophy. Once again congratulations to the players, staff and management for what they have achieved and to the supporters who have stuck by the team during some dark times.

Haway Durham !!!!

Double checked to make sure the spelling of Leics is correct! :D So we arrive at our final fixture of a red ball cricket campaign that has surpassed even our wildest dreams. We go into the game 47 points ahead of second placed Worcs and an astonishing 69 ahead of Leics in 3rd. The title is ours!

Our opponents have themselves had a great season winning the One Day Cup in dramatic style and had it not been for a narrow defeat to the Sussex Skullduggeries and the rain denying them against Yorkshire they themselves could have been joining us in the top flight next season. As it is Worcs only require a maximum 3 points (if that).

Ackermann isn't available for this match and our other Leics acquisition Callum Parkinson missed the last game. For us I imagine de Leede will have joined up with his Dutch team mates so maybe Bushnell will come in. When I was at the Second XI game on Monday the pitch looked as if it was more over to the old scoreboard side of the square.

If we are able to let's all try to get down to the ground at some time to get behind the lads and see them lift the Trophy. Once again congratulations to the players, staff and management for what they have achieved and to the supporters who have stuck by the team during some dark times.

Haway Durham !!!!
Any idea if a members session is any day?

As reigning champions of the grange quiz and perennial bottle of wine winners at Ocean I'm primed and ready for when it appears
Hopefully staked a claim for a place in the starting line up with a credible 3rd place in the Butchers Arms Quiz including full marks in the Music Round. Mind you I'd be too scared of the Team Captain to argue my case if I only ended up on the subs bench.:eek::lol:

Any idea if a members session is any day?
There'll be the end of season awards evening dinner but that's an upmarket do.

Haway Durham !!!!
As it's your final match preview post for the season it would be churlish not to thank you for your very lucid and informative insights. I'd therefore like to offer you an extended year on year rolling contract for the position.
Bushnell would appear to be the logical replacement for DeLeede v Leicester. There doesn't appear to be any alternatives stepping up.
Suspect a high scoring draw given the lack of depth in both bowling attacks.

Last edited:
As it's your final match preview post for the season it would be churlish not to thank you for your very lucid and informative insights. I'd therefore like to offer you an extended year on year rolling contract for the position.
Bushnell would appear to be the logical replacement for DeLeede v Leicester. There doesn't appear to be any alternatives stepping up.
Suspect a high scoring draw given the lack of depth in both bowling attacks.
Thanks for your kind words.I think the original agreement was I would continue to do them until we lost a CC game so I'll stick to that. Seeing as how we're now up to ten games undefeated since I temporarily took over from the young lad @brandon who knows? It would be nice to think I'm still in the job this time next year.:lol:

Thanks for your kind words.I think the original agreement was I would continue to do them until we lost a CC game so I'll stick to that. Seeing as how we're now up to ten games undefeated since I temporarily took over from the young lad @brandon who knows? It would be nice to think I'm still in the job this time next year.:lol:

there is a contract extension on the table mate. i think you've proven yourself enough that even if we suffer a few setbacks you've shown enough quality that you deserve all of our backing.
Hopefully staked a claim for a place in the starting line up with a credible 3rd place in the Butchers Arms Quiz including full marks in the Music Round. Mind you I'd be too scared of the Team Captain to argue my case if I only ended up on the subs bench.:eek::lol:

chatting with carty on another thread has jus reminded us of something that might amuse you related to this.

one of the questions in the sports round was when did the hundred start. all eyes turned to me as i shrugged nonchalantly. 'you like cricket?!' aye, but that monstrosity isn't cricket and i refused to say any more on the subject :lol:

never been more proud to not know the answer to a quiz question.

Last edited:
Not very reassuring is it?

I wish we could keep matt instead
Neither them or Yorkshire played a spinner in last game. Against Sussex they played Ahmed who obviously offers middle order batting as well as his spin. Wouldn't read too much into it.

Last edited:

Back