CC: Durham vs Leicestershire

Also, derby have been really stupid gambling the 5 points they worked hard for on an unlikely win. Surely odds of way more than 3-1 that they could bowl them out in an afternoon for less than 250.

I shouted a few things at them. They were absolutely desperate to get off. Makes an absolute mockery of the game. Several good days of cricket and then that.

It does the game of cricket absolutely no favours when clowns like that can decide to not play despite there being no rain and completely acceptable light. They took a reading, played on, the light IMPROVED and they came off. What the fuck was that all about?? I'd love to know.

It does the game of cricket absolutely no favours when clowns like that can decide to not play despite there being no rain and completely acceptable light. They took a reading, played on, the light IMPROVED and they came off. What the fuck was that all about?? I'd love to know.
Pretty much word for word everything our group said. They were talking about it for a good while as per my posts above. They took one reading, gave it 5 mins then walked off. Incredibly frustrating to what has been 4 days of enjoyable cricket

O'Shaunessy has a history of making controversial decisions when standing in games involving Durham which invariably go against Durham. 1st class Umpires are very well salaried(£51k plus expenses per annum) yet there is no creditable monitoring of their performance.
Appointments are invariably sinecures for ex-players. Typifies the 'jobs for the boys" practise prevalent within FTECB.

Gloucestershire 8/0 needing another 259 to win from 47

Think a draw will be result in both games. Looking bleak at CLS for skittling these, let alone then scoring the runs they will set to win.

WHAT A JINX gerrin raine lad
You were saying?

Derbyshire have saved their cock up week till the end of August this year.
T20 balls up to follow.

How come no light issues at Gloucstershire. Looks as bright as it was in CLS.

11 needed from 3.5 overs spanked derbyshires bowlers
Probably cos the game was played at Derby
Haway folks, can't blame umps too much, we should have been capable of taking seven wickets in a day.
Durham followers on here and Liverpool FC fans have one thing in common.

It’s never your fault

Last edited:
I shouted a few things at them. They were absolutely desperate to get off. Makes an absolute mockery of the game. Several good days of cricket and then that.

I said to one of the blokes that the umpires must have had a table booked for a meal at 6pm.

While it was going to be very difficult to get a win there was still a chance.

It's no wonder so many non cricket fans scratch their heads at some of the decisions made in the game when you have clowns like O'Shaughnessy and Watts doing stuff like that.

As has been said we probably now need to win the last three games to have a realistic chance of going up.

Back