CC :: Durham v Worcestershire

If we end up with them 9 down tomorrow i'm sure people will have plenty to say but Burnham getting his first 100 in 5 years is massive in the bigger picture. they have done the right thing in my opinion.
It is never the right thing to wait for a player to get a hundred before given the team any team the best chance of winning a game, never!!

Last edited:
It is never the right thing to wait for a player to get a hundred before given the team any team the best chance of winning a game, never!!
That’s the single most stupid I’ve ever seen this situation tbh. He was on 91 when the scorecard broke 100 runs ago, must have cost us 8-10 overs at them. If we are 2 short tomorrow it’s a very stupid decision

Thats your opinion. Jack Burnham getting 100 in this game is a huge monkey of his back and Durham will benefit from that in many games to come. Those 3 or 4 overs may make a difference in this one single match, they probably wont but what he and Durham will have gained from today is immeasurable. I will respectfully disagree.

At last The Prodigal Son delivers. Hopefully JB can now go on and fulfill his potential.

Let’s have them 3 down by the close. I was going for 5 but thought that would be pushing it a bit.

Last edited:
Another example of conservative captaincy from SB. No team is going to have a punt at 400+. They will, as Marty says, drop anchor. They should have got a message on to JB at 350 lead he had six overs to get his ton or we declare.

HP?
No .Lea and Perrins 😀

Thats your opinion. Jack Burnham getting 100 in this game is a huge monkey of his back and Durham will benefit from that in many games to come. Those 3 or 4 overs may make a difference in this one single match, they probably wont but what he and Durham will have gained from today is immeasurable. I will respectfully disagree.
I respectfully disgrace mate on two counts, firstly time at the crease and scoring runs for him will be invaluable going forward for him and team, so of course see where you coming from, but vitally he had already done that, hanging on and hanging on for a few more runs does not make that much difference imo. if any at all

Secondly and most importantly I have a strong long held belief in any sport and in any team, the team has to come first before individual glory.

What happens if a captain wants to declare when another player is in the 90s but waits again for that player to get a hundred atthe expense of the team possibly winning or losing a game.

The culture always needs to be created that in any team sport the team always comes first!
Another example of conservative captaincy from SB. No team is going to have a punt at 400+. They will, as Marty says, drop anchor. They should have got a message on to JB at 350 lead he had six overs to get his ton or we declare.

HP?
You absolutely spot on there mate imo

Last edited:

Back