CC Durham v Northants

Guess there wasn’t much applause for Vasconcelos reaching his century then ;)

Took full advantage after Burnham dropped him on 10 to go with Bavuma adding another 42 after being caught behind off a no ball when on 1.

If you have a bowling attack which is much of a muchness then you have to take your chances in the field when they arrive and unfortunately Durham didn't take them today.

Having said that,Vasconcelos probably looked more at ease than any batsman I've seen in red ball cricket at the Riverside this season.

If you have a bowling attack which is much of a muchness then you have to take your chances in the field when they arrive and unfortunately Durham didn't take them today.

I think the last two weeks have shown we have a good bowling attack - it’s certainly our best suit by a long shot. They’ve created 10 chances today seemingly, but Northants are only 6 down. Had we taken the chances of Bavuma and the Scrabble man we may have been batting with a lead.

Either way, that might be the last of the cricket for this week.

Have you been there, is it any good?

Only been in a couple of times during the breaks to catch a few minutes of the World Cup on the big screens and it was a lot busier than Austins used to be.

A few old gadgees have been in and said the meals are canny and they have a breakfast menu between 10-11 am which attracts the early birds.

It certainly seems to have stolen the trade from The Impeccable Pig mobile stall.

The forum's resident Egon Ronay aka Twisted also highly recommends it!:D

Yup, stumps called.

And can't see much chance of any play tomorrow.

Bloody Hell there's only three CC home games left this season now!:eek:

Last edited:
Only been in a couple of times during the breaks to catch a few minutes of the World Cup on the big screens and it was a lot busier than Austins used to be.

A few old gadgees have been in and said the meals are canny and they have a breakfast menu between 10-11 am which attracts the early birds.

It certainly seems to have stolen the trade from The Impeccable Pig mobile stall.

The forum's resident Egon Ronay aka Twisted also highly recommends it!:D

And can't see much chance of any play tomorrow.

Bloody Hell there's only three CC home games left this season now!:eek:
So is The Sticky Wicket open on none match days as well?

Used to pop into Austin’s and use it for work meetings when it was open all the time. Handy venue for me if it is open again.

On the CC,

Somerset just about to win again 4 out of 5

Surrey been poor this year

Really wish I'd put a bet on, fancied them this year, hope they do it, probs best team in all formats in the country

Back