CC Durham v Northants

Well after one of the most exciting finishes to a home County Championship match for a while we find ourselves hosting our third consecutive home game in the shape of Northants who, after their comprehensive defeat to Glamorgan, lie in 9th place six points above us.

Unsurprisingly it's an unchanged 13 man squad with Salisbury and Pringle still out with injuries.
Although Jones struggled I imagine he will be in the side but am I the only one who thinks maybe Eckersley should open with the resurgent Lees?

Forecast is fine for tomorrow then distinctly iffy for the next three but last season it was over in two days with Durham being dismissed for 129 and 133 !

Let's hope last Thursday represents a turning point...Haway Durham!!

Well after one of the most exciting finishes to a home County Championship match for a while we find ourselves hosting our third consecutive home game in the shape of Northants who, after their comprehensive defeat to Glamorgan, lie in 9th place six points above us.

Unsurprisingly it's an unchanged 13 man squad with Salisbury and Pringle still out with injuries.
Although Jones struggled I imagine he will be in the side but am I the only one who thinks maybe Eckersley should open with the resurgent Lees?

Forecast is fine for tomorrow then distinctly iffy for the next three but last season it was over in two days with Durham being dismissed for 129 and 133 !

Let's hope last Thursday represents a turning point...Haway Durham!!

I like Eckersley down the order, steady hand who people can bat around, I actually think the lower order need to pull finger out n score more, they are capable

I like Eckersley down the order, steady hand who people can bat around, I actually think the lower order need to pull finger out n score more, they are capable
Yes. Raine averaging 15, Potts 14 and Carse 5.5 this season. They're all capable of far better.Then Eckersley wouldn't be left stranded as he often has been.

Last edited:
Looks like a third rain ruined draw in a row for us down at Guildford. Glad I wasn't tempted to go. Bloody typical that we finally have some "mid summer" Championship cricket but the weather is more like April or September

Looks like a third rain ruined draw in a row for us down at Guildford. Glad I wasn't tempted to go. Bloody typical that we finally have some "mid summer" Championship cricket but the weather is more like April or September

Why can’t we just live in a country than doesn’t rain all week in June, fuck sake

Was going to go too

Love it hot like but for cricket all I want is for it to be dry. Heat is a bonus.

2012 and 2007 were pretty bad. 2017 wasn't up to much either. Remember the pink ball experiment at Headingley, similar time of year, and they played a day and a half in which Surrey piled on 500, then after tea/supper whatever it was, it pissed it down, and continued non stop for the next two days

Longest day is coming up soon then it’ll start to get dark earlier & it’ll be only 7 weeks to August when traditionally it stats to get cooler & bleaker anyway :rolleyes:.
Three weeks until July. The halfway point of the season yet I feel it hasn't really got going.

Last edited:
Mind you I have to question why this game didn't start today mind

County Championship cricket on a weekend?.....you're having a laugh!!:lol:

Love it hot like but for cricket all I want is for it to be dry. Heat is a bonus.

So true.Durham's first match against Sussex was played in 6°C temperatures....but at least it was dry.

2007,2008 and 2012 were abysmally wet summers.

Last edited:

Back