CC Durham v Northants

Bavuma caught off a no ball.

Fuck sake. Two in two games. To go with the three drops from Burnham....... suppose you make your own luck :neutral:

Took us about 55 overs to get to 100, they’ve done it in 28 :rolleyes:.

Wouldn’t mind bowling them out today for the bonus points mind.

Last edited:

Fuck sake. Two in two games. To go with the three drops from Burnham....... suppose you make your own luck :neutral:

Took us about 55 overs to get to 100, they’ve done it in 28 :rolleyes:.

Wouldn’t mind bowling them out today for the bonus points mind.
Confident teams make their own luck.

Durham look flat here, just going through the motions.

Confident teams make their own luck.

Durham look flat here, just going through the motions.

That might be the nail on the head. You can see from our batting, most of them are just waiting to get out - by not even looking to score it creates undeserved pressure.

Trivial question - have they got the scoreboard working, pretty frustrating last week.

That might be the nail on the head. You can see from our batting, most of them are just waiting to get out - by not even looking to score it creates undeserved pressure.
Someone on the radio suggesting we reverse the order!

Last edited:
Batting practise for these two here.

Trivial question - have they got the scoreboard working, pretty frustrating last week.

Yes it's been working from the off but the way these two have taken control I wish it wasnt.

153/3
Bavuma 43 out.

Carse just bowled a delivery to Keogh which was the fastest I've seen for many a while.

Keogh suitably softened up falls to Rush.

162/4

Rushy on a hat trick 174/6

Last edited:
Seems to have all gone quiet again? Are the bowlers still firing post tea? Cricinfo doesn't give a clue as to how it's going ....

Seems to have all gone quiet again? Are the bowlers still firing post tea? Cricinfo doesn't give a clue as to how it's going ....

Hutton and Vasconcelos seem to have steadied the Northants ship. If we can get the latter out sharply then I think they may collapse again. Looking as if they'll get at least parity though.

Hutton and Vasconcelos seem to have steadied the Northants ship. If we can get the latter out sharply then I think they may collapse again. Looking as if they'll get at least parity though.
Thanks for the update - the commentary on here is usually a lot better than any of the media outlets. Must be post tea syndrome :)

Congratulations to Raine and Carse, can’t get there today but the radio is talking about going off for bad light with the flood lights on, was there last week when the same happened. Just wondering why they go off for bad light with the floodlights on. Anyone know the rationale behind this.
Thought I’d reply to my own post. Must be a first!! But any ideas on this.

Thought I’d reply to my own post. Must be a first!! But any ideas on this.
Good question.

Although the floodlights are meant for night matches when they usually play with a white (or pink) ball, the CC red would be harder to see in normal circumstances. But bad light decisions always have a air of mystery to them.

It’s no darker than it has been most of the day.

I think the umpires felt a bit cold and wanted a cuppa. If they come back out there will be about 10 people left watching

Back