Cavapoo or Cockerpoo?

Bought a cockerpoo off a family who had to sell her due to they had no time for her.

Pros

Very loving
Very well behaved (don't need to use a lead on her taking her for a walk)
Mad as a box of frogs

Cons

Needy
Whinges if you don't give her any attention, very insecure.
Very jealous (Doesn't like me and our lass (no) together)
Soft as shite (just rolls on her back all the time)

I'm sure that part of her behaviour is due to her previous owner though, never seen a dog as insecure before.

This 100%. Mine is 2 now and soft as clarts but absolutely mental

After the very initial puppy stage you will become it's main carer and only walker like me and I didn't even want a dog!!!!
This is exactly why I want a cat!:D

Bought a cockerpoo off a family who had to sell her due to they had no time for her.

Pros

Very loving
Very well behaved (don't need to use a lead on her taking her for a walk)
Mad as a box of frogs

Cons

Needy
Whinges if you don't give her any attention, very insecure.
Very jealous (Doesn't like me and our lass (no) together)
Soft as shite (just rolls on her back all the time)

I'm sure that part of her behaviour is due to her previous owner though, never seen a dog as insecure before.
Glad you got her but it boils my piss when people sell dogs they can't be bothered to keep instead of giving them to rescues.

So long as they are going to a good home what difference does it make if they are sold or dumped in a rescue shelter?
I just get annoyed at people trying to make a few quid out of their unwanted pet and suspect that they're often likely to do very rudimentary checks as to whether the buyer can look after them. My dog is a rescue but was lucky that the owner recognised they couldn't look after him and asked a rescue centre to find him a home whilst committing to keeping him until they did so he wouldn't have to go through such a massive upheaval because he's very nervous.

Once you get a Lab you will struggle to want another dog.
My Mrs (No) is absolutely converted now and this one we have is just no problem at all. Friendly with all dogs, farm animals and people especially kids.
Like having a big soft bear in the house. He is the biggest out of the 4 I have had and the softest.

I just get annoyed at people trying to make a few quid out of their unwanted pet and suspect that they're often likely to do very rudimentary checks as to whether the buyer can look after them. My dog is a rescue but was lucky that the owner recognised they couldn't look after him and asked a rescue centre to find him a home whilst committing to keeping him until they did so he wouldn't have to go through such a massive upheaval because he's very nervous.

To give this lad his due, he wouldn't sell her to us until he'd been to our home.

We checked rescue centres all the time for a cockerpoo, but couldn't find one.

Once you get a Lab you will struggle to want another dog.
My Mrs (No) is absolutely converted now and this one we have is just no problem at all. Friendly with all dogs, farm animals and people especially kids.
Like having a big soft bear in the house. He is the biggest out of the 4 I have had and the softest.

I'm not a big dog fan, but I'd love a lab.

I have a cockerpoo (see my profile pic)

Pros

Easy to train
Very Obedient
Good off the lead
Doesn't shed at all
Very friendly
Sociable with other dogs

Cons

Tendency to bark if she is not getting attention
Can be possessive over toys towards my other dog and steals them all from him

To give this lad his due, he wouldn't sell her to us until he'd been to our home.

We checked rescue centres all the time for a cockerpoo, but couldn't find one.

I'm not a big dog fan, but I'd love a lab.
If you are very certain of breed and it's a reasonably popular one then I can understand buying as you did. I wanted a blue whippet But ended up with a saluki boxer cross! He's ace though so perfectly happy with the outcome.

If you are very certain of breed and it's a reasonably popular one then I can understand buying as you did. I wanted a blue whippet But ended up with a saluki boxer cross! He's ace though so perfectly happy with the outcome.

The daughters mate had one, she loved it and wanted one for her birthday. She wants nowt to do with her now :rolleyes:.

Back