Cavapoo or Cockerpoo?

As a matter of interest, how much would a Dalmatian puppy set me back. Not fussed about the KC papers as it would be a pet, and are they really crazy?

I want a sausage dog, son wants a husky and other half would just be happy with a dog and we have agreed on another whippet but I think we'd all be happy with a Dalmation but I don't think their reputation would suit us

I'd rather have a cat but I'm outvoted
My neighbour's Dalmatian ate the dining table !!!!!

Huskies need a fuckton of exercise and stimulation

Whippets, or indeed any Sighthounds are gorgeous (biased as I've a rescue Lurcher and work with a sighthound rescue in Ireland)

Whippets, or indeed any Sighthounds are gorgeous (biased as I've a rescue Lurcher and work with a sighthound rescue in Ireland)

The board has me down as a cat man but I like both cats and dogs and, when I retire, quite fancy welcoming either a whippet or greyhound into my home/life. Lovely dogs!

:lol::lol: that's the sort of craziness I kind of expected!! We won't be getting a husky in a million years I'm allergic to fluffy hair, I can get away with certain breeds ( whippets/boxers that sort of thing) short but not course fur we've already had a whippet and ex racing grey , I'd love another

You got one like? My sister in law has a cavapoo and it literally pisses itself with excitement when you see it and give it a bit attention.
A relative has a golden doodle (cross between golden retriever and poodle) and he does that! Absolutely lovely dog though, and I would recommend as a pet. He is hypoallergenic, another relative who is normally allergic to dogs, but not doodles!

Always had pure breeds and we lost our 11yr old cocker 12wks ago. Was going to wait but picked up these two siblings last week. They are springadors so mix between Springer spaniel and labrador. I’m hooked already, they are crazy but love each other and tire each other out. Was missing having a dog so much not sure how we ended up with two but happy we did. The boy obviously has more lab in him and meeting his Dad he’s gonna be a big lad. The girl is much smaller and more like her springer Mum.
Logon or register to see this image

If you want a dog then get a purebred of whatever breed. I’ve just got a toy poodle - she’s twelve weeks old tomorrow - and she’s a holy terror. She pulls my socks off and plays with them. She grabs hold of the back of my daughters slippers and gets dragged around the room. If she thinks that we aren’t giving her enough attention she brings her puppy pad into the sitting and then sits laughing at us, saying chase me!

It’s just poodle naughtiness though and she will settle down once she gets proper walks to use up her energy. I took her down Roker on Sunday and one bloke said that she was the best thing that he had ever seen in Sunderland!

I was talking to a lady in Backhouse park who had two of her five dalmations with her. If they were yours they were lovely dogs.

Not mine, but I bet you I know who it was. I bred one of her Dalmatians and one of my dogs is the father of another of hers. So depends which ones she had with her.

As a matter of interest, how much would a Dalmatian puppy set me back. Not fussed about the KC papers as it would be a pet, and are they really crazy?

I want a sausage dog, son wants a husky and other half would just be happy with a dog and we have agreed on another whippet but I think we'd all be happy with a Dalmation but I don't think their reputation would suit us

Between £800 and £1200.

They can be crazy as they’re a what’s in it for me Breed, they are quite greedy so easy to train. Consistency is the key and a firm but fair approach is needed with them.

They can become destructive if they aren’t given enough mental stimulation and exercise. They can walk for hours so need a good free run to expend energy, a lead walk just wouldn’t do for them as they were bred to go up to 40 miles a day at a slow trot.

Seeing that you’re allergic to some hair, I would suggest steering clear of Dalmatians as they shed constantly and their hair is barbed and gets stuck in everything. For a short coated breed they seem to cause quite a few allergic reactions. If you do go down that road I would make sure you get KC papers and that it has had a BAER hearing test as they are prone to deafness.

Last edited:
Far from it.

Never had this madness from my spaniels . When out in the fields they will run and run but once home hapoy to chill .. never on the lead other than when by roads

I was surprised about how easily by 9 month old working cocker settled. He’s dad is from gundog lines and his mam side are all agility so he’s very high drive. He’ll run after the ball all day, but take him home and he settles straight down, often before my cavaliers but they don’t run so much when out.

Cant see me ever having anything other than a spaniel, and with the health issues cavaliers have i’ll Probably always have working cockers.

Not mine, but I bet you I know who it was. I bred one of her Dalmatians and one of my dogs is the father of another of hers. So depends which ones she had with her.

Between £800 and £1200.

They can be crazy as they’re a what’s in it for me Breed, they are quite greedy so easy to train. Consistency is the key and a firm but fair approach is needed with them.

They can become destructive if they aren’t given enough mental stimulation and exercise. They can walk for hours so need a good free run to expend energy, a lead walk just wouldn’t do for them as they were bred to go up to 40 miles a day at a slow trot.

Seeing that you’re allergic to some hair, I would suggest steering clear of Dalmatians as they shed constantly and their hair is barbed and gets stuck in everything. For a short coated breed they seem to cause quite a few allergic reactions. If you do go down that road I would make sure you get KC papers and that it has had a BAER hearing test as they are prone to deafness.

They are beautiful dogs but what you say about the coat puts me off, would definitely be no good for me. Sounds like a whippet is still the one.

We got our's from Lorton Cockapoo's in Preston. Canny trek, but worth it. Very reputable.

This hypoallergenic thing works too. I had a bulldog, nearly killed the Mrs (nope). She was the same around me parents dogs. She's never been able to keep dogs in her whole 33 years, until now

Always had pure breeds and we lost our 11yr old cocker 12wks ago. Was going to wait but picked up these two siblings last week. They are springadors so mix between Springer spaniel and labrador. I’m hooked already, they are crazy but love each other and tire each other out. Was missing having a dog so much not sure how we ended up with two but happy we did. The boy obviously has more lab in him and meeting his Dad he’s gonna be a big lad. The girl is much smaller and more like her springer Mum.
Logon or register to see this image
Awwww they are lovely

I am a bit biased but have you considered something like a Welsh Terrier. Not the easiest to train but they are fantastic little dogs. Ours is a little nutter. My wife does agility training with him and he is getting the hang of it now, it's good stimulation for them and tiring at the same time.

Far from it.

Never had this madness from my spaniels . When out in the fields they will run and run but once home hapoy to chill .. never on the lead other than when by roads

My cockerpoo would be out all day if I let it.
You’re right though about being at home.
She’s no bother and will happily lie around in the house when we’re all in.

Cockerpoos are hard work, mad as a box of frogs, but very loving and loyal dogs. As for local breeder I don't know.
This 100%. Mine is 2 now and soft as clarts but absolutely mental

After the very initial puppy stage you will become it's main carer and only walker like me and I didn't even want a dog!!!!

Last edited:

Back