Catts to Owls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grinds on me how bad he is in this shit league.
JR is partly to blame, purchasing another slug to play alongside him, which hasn’t helped.
I can’t see why anyone would purchase him and fund his PL wages.

Reactions: Sid

Grinds on me how bad he is in this shit league.
JR is partly to blame, purchasing another slug to play alongside him, which hasn’t helped.
I can’t see why anyone would purchase him and fund his PL wages.

He wasn't shit at all, he was just about our best player

what were you watching?

Put the right players around him and he would be fine in my opinion.

Cattermole, leadbitter, Honeyman as individuals aren't necessarily an issue at this level it is the fact we are determined to play them all in the same team which is.....unfortunately someone will leave, leadbitter has just arrived, Honeyman is captain whether we agree or not which leaves Catts on massive wages.

If he goes, he goes but as stated he isn't the root of all evil that some would have us believe

And yet everyone of them managers has been relegated and sacked

Just about every manager ever has been sacked at some stage. Allardyce, O'Neill, Advocaat will go down as very effective and successful managers as will many of the others. However it seems every single one of them have had a blind spot towards Cattermole as fat bloke in pub can see these obvious flaws a mile off.

Last edited:
Why gan on like a bairn?

Were we paying Bardsley 10x’s the league average? Has the recruitment at SAFC been anything other than schizophrenic? Our failure to replace Bardsley is the exact same failure as not replacing Cattermole...it’s not an example of how hard it is to find so called “good” players. Other clubs smaller than SAFC do it all the time!

Were we paying Bardsley 10x’s the league average? Has the recruitment at SAFC been anything other than schizophrenic? Our failure to replace Bardsley is the exact same failure as not replacing Cattermole...it’s not an example of how hard it is to find so called “good” players. Other clubs smaller than SAFC do it all the time!

The club has a proven record of not adequately replacing players, it’s a legitimate concern still considering our recent recruitment has hardly been anything to shout about.

Stewart Donald says we could get a load of players if Catts was to leave - who would we get and would they be any good? So far there’s little evidence to support it.

You're just making stuff up now.

No they haven't. Stop telling lies

No, it was Sunderland’s second season in PL (newly promoted) with new manager at helm. Cattermoles stint at SAFC should’ve been 2 or 3 years.... then we should’ve been looking to improve with higher quality players...it’s exactly what clubs are supposed to do. I don’t know how you can blame the Short era for our mess but then say they got Cattermole right?

The club has a proven record of not adequately replacing players, it’s a legitimate concern still considering our recent recruitment has hardly been anything to shout about.

Stewart Donald says we could get a load of players if Catts was to leave - who would we get and would they be any good? So far there’s little evidence to support it.

We could’ve finished 5th without Lee Cattermole...there’s three teams getting promoted to the Championship without Lee Cattermole on their side, who also weren’t paying a player 10x’s the average wage...have you thought about that??

No, it was Sunderland’s second season in PL (newly promoted) with new manager at helm. Cattermoles stint at SAFC should’ve been 2 or 3 years.... then we should’ve been looking to improve with higher quality players...it’s exactly what clubs are supposed to do. I don’t know how you can blame the Short era for our mess but then say they got Cattermole right?
No it wasnt. Just leave it. You clearly haven't a clue what you're talking about.

His signing was ridiculous, a carbon copy of what we already had, but preferable to cattermole. The big earners need to be shifted for us to move on, even if we take a hit to pay them off

The best deal was getting rid of Kone and his 90k a week wage - which is roughly 45 league 1 players on a good wage.
Bruce will offer Catts a great deal more than anyone else so he may get 20-something K off pillow-face.

Ah I'd forgot it was Bruce there, it all fitting into place now, the f***ing bellend.

His signing was ridiculous, a carbon copy of what we already had, but preferable to cattermole. The big earners need to be shifted for us to move on, even if we take a hit to pay them off
Leadbitter looked slower and less mobile than Cattermole. I was ower the moon Grant was coming back but I've seen nothing from him (maybe the odd corner) to suggest he's preferable to Cattermole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back