Cattermole for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like HITC is wide of the mark (surprise surprise)
https://www.shieldsgazette.com/spor...n-loan-brendan-galloway-to-dig-deep-1-8901241

I've never been a fan of Catts, but I admire his battling persona.
I admire Coleman for sticking his neck out on this one, though at this stage it looks like Hobson's choice.
Maybe, just maybe, a born-again Catts can be part of our resurgence.

I'd rather see Rodwell play than Catts, but Coleman's remarks make it obvious that Rodwell will be nowhere near our first team ever again.
For all my disdain for Catts the pisshead bruiser who used to strike fear into the heart of opponents who these days see him as an easy foe, I would rather have him in the team than, say, Kone.

Anyone who we can offload will be sold.

This all over! All the players are for sale at the right price, especially those who could be replaced for less money and less wages

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/spor...n-loan-brendan-galloway-to-dig-deep-1-8901241

I admire Coleman for sticking his neck out on this one, though at this stage it looks like Hobson's choice.

I'd rather see Rodwell play than Catts, but Coleman's remarks make it obvious that Rodwell will be nowhere near our first team ever again.
For all my disdain for Catts the pisshead bruiser who used to strike fear into the heart of opponents who these days see him as an easy foe, I would rather have him in the team than, say, Kone.

Anything specific or just based on "if they don't want to be here they can go"?

Last edited:

Sorry, wrong linky. Should have been
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sp...gling_for_form__but_he_s_still_a_key_player_/

Last edited:
Cattermole is very unlikely to move on without it costing us a lot of money. No one is going to pay a transfer fee for him and it's highly unlikely that anyone will match his wages even if we did let him go for nothing.

Cattermole is very unlikely to move on without it costing us a lot of money. No one is going to pay a transfer fee for him and it's highly unlikely that anyone will match his wages even if we did let him go for nothing.
I'm hoping someone from the lower echelons of the premiership buy him

Even dean whitehead getting a game in the premiership

I'm hoping someone from the lower echelons of the premiership buy him

Even dean whitehead getting a game in the premiership

You never know - he's certainly got plenty of experience of premier league relegation scraps. The biggest stumbling block I can see is the length of his contract. His wages, although massive for us now we're languishing in the championship relegation zone, would be no issue for a premier league club, but as he's sitting comfortably on a decent contract we'd probably expect a decent fee for him. At his age and with his injury record I can't see a club being prepared to spend money on him.

I have defended Catts for years but when he was the experienced lynchpin in a poor side on Saturday and he found touch with a 20 yard pass enough is enough. He is like your old pissed grandad dancing to Little Mix on Boxing Night:

Who the fuck is Little Mix? :confused:

I would let catts, Rodwell, Gibson, o shea leave for nothing in jan free up the wages and try to get some decent young players in. Last sat was so hard to watch it was unbelievable no fight or energy. The under 23’s couldn’t do much worse so why not try them. Osoro was motm and played what 20/25 mins.

It doesnt work like that, we have to pay their contracts out, unless another club is as f***ing stupid as ours and wants to buy them

Haven't read the thread as on holiday and barely a signal but I was told last month he was off in January. Can't guarantee owt but usual source.

Make of it what you will. Usual sauce. Strangely enough same person 2 yrs ago at same time told me Fletcher was off abroad in January

I don't dislike Cattermole at all. Until this season, I've seen positives to outweigh the negatives in his game. I actually expected him to shine in the Championship in a way that was starting to look beyond him in the Premier League. Unfortunately, unless there's a drastic change in his fitness levels, it's looking distinctly like he's pretty much finished at our current level (or higher). I see little danger of us seeing the back of Cattermole unless he retires before his contract expires. I take no pleasure from saying that, but it's the way I see it.

If he is as Gash as people on here make him out to be, this season (I don't know cos I've lost a lot of interest in my team, recently), Why would Catss, Rodwell etc etc , be wanted by anyone. They surely would want at least the same salary that they're currently on, and surely no one else would be stupid enough to offer them that, so we're stuck with them, I'm afraid:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back