Castlevania: Lord of Shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.

14 minutes according to this. Still a canny cut scene that like.

24 hours of gameplay, probably nearer 30 for me as I'm not very good.

:oops:

Aye it is. Kojima had his hand in this game, he loves his cinematics. As an Xbox 360 owner I doubt you've played Metal Gear Solid 4? It was more like a movie than a game.

Umm dunno what to think of this.

Looks f***ing lovely and the cutscenes are very very nice. But its almost like you are just watching a film/cartoon where every now and again you have a quick fight or have to press a series of buttons to win.

Even when you are running around (so far) you are on a path where you cannot even veer off it (like a train track).

Not even too sure wtf is going on with it all yet, seems another game where they just chuck you into it without explaining any of it.

Boss battle I just had a go at reminded me of Dragons Lair the old console game where you had to do certain button presses at certain times to defeat it or else it knocks you back to the beginning of the process and takes some health.

Had a bit more blast on this last night. Gets a bit better but its still not brilliant, nor is it utter shit.

Looks nice, wish someone would do a proper big RPG game that looked like this. Like a Fallout 3 but medieval styleeeee. Think thingy Worlds 2 is out soonish so hopeing thats decent, first one was canny (tho bugged on my PC after I got the parts before you are meant to and 1 of them f***ing vanished from my backpack and I cannot find where its meant to be on the map so stopped playing :evil:).

Umm dunno what to think of this.

Looks f***ing lovely and the cutscenes are very very nice. But its almost like you are just watching a film/cartoon where every now and again you have a quick fight or have to press a series of buttons to win.

Even when you are running around (so far) you are on a path where you cannot even veer off it (like a train track).

Not even too sure wtf is going on with it all yet, seems another game where they just chuck you into it without explaining any of it.

Boss battle I just had a go at reminded me of Dragons Lair the old console game where you had to do certain button presses at certain times to defeat it or else it knocks you back to the beginning of the process and takes some health.

Boss battle against the swamp troll was like Clash of the Titans, knock his health down, hit the button when it's in the circle or he goes back up to half health

Only done a couple of levels, so too early to pass comment really as only skimmed the surface gameplay wise….

Boss battle against the swamp troll was like Clash of the Titans, knock his health down, hit the button when it's in the circle or he goes back up to half health

Only done a couple of levels, so too early to pass comment really as only skimmed the surface gameplay wise….

All the Titan fights are like that (well 2 that ive fought). Along the way you get a few normal boss battles as well.

Does your nut in that circle thing as when a cutscene starts I usually sit back, grab a drink or something and watch it. All of a sudden I've fucked up because im meant to press a button during it :mad: Spoils the cutscenes if you ask me as I cannot watch them properly as im always waiting for a circle to appear somewhere on the screen.

Even worse when you spend 30 minutes smashing fuck out of a boss, dying constantly, whilst trying to suss it and just as you finally knack him a series of quick circles appear and if you so much as misstime one he kills you in one hit :evil: Xbox nearly out the window.

Not a bad game, but not really that much to it. It doesn't have a Pigsy either :-(

All the Titan fights are like that (well 2 that ive fought). Along the way you get a few normal boss battles as well.

Does your nut in that circle thing as when a cutscene starts I usually sit back, grab a drink or something and watch it. All of a sudden I've fucked up because im meant to press a button during it :mad: Spoils the cutscenes if you ask me as I cannot watch them properly as im always waiting for a circle to appear somewhere on the screen.

Even worse when you spend 30 minutes smashing fuck out of a boss, dying constantly, whilst trying to suss it and just as you finally knack him a series of quick circles appear and if you so much as misstime one he kills you in one hit :evil: Xbox nearly out the window.

Not a bad game, but not really that much to it. It doesn't have a Pigsy either :-(

Checkpoints in boss battles are great like....

Checkpoints in boss battles are great like....

You f***ing nu-gamer cissies! ;)

There was a time that death meant restarting right from the beginning! I, for one, am glad that it will be a challenge lasting longer than the usual 7 hours or so you get from a game these days.

Man up you lot! ;)

Had a bit more blast on this last night. Gets a bit better but its still not brilliant, nor is it utter shit.

Looks nice, wish someone would do a proper big RPG game that looked like this. Like a Fallout 3 but medieval styleeeee. Think thingy Worlds 2 is out soonish so hopeing thats decent, first one was canny (tho bugged on my PC after I got the parts before you are meant to and 1 of them f***ing vanished from my backpack and I cannot find where its meant to be on the map so stopped playing :evil:).

:eek:

Comfortably the worst game I've played since Armageddon with Bruce f***ing Willis on the PS1!

:eek:

Comfortably the worst game I've played since Armageddon with Bruce f***ing Willis on the PS1!
i thought 2 worlds was alreet, it was okay for a small Polish developer, never was gonna be the oblivion beater it was hyped, rhe voice acting was f***ing comical the framerate was shit and the plot non existant but it so bad that it was good in some wierd sadomasachistic manner.

Quite looking forward to the new one

i thought 2 worlds was alreet, it was okay for a small Polish developer, never was gonna be the oblivion beater it was hyped, rhe voice acting was f***ing comical the framerate was shit and the plot non existant but it so bad that it was good in some wierd sadomasachistic manner.

Quite looking forward to the new one

Aye I enjoyed it loads. Just had a few daft bugs in.

Wasn't a kickarse off Oblivion.

Quite enjoying Castlevania now, some nice areas and boss battles ahead after the initial ho humness at the start.

Fuck playing it on owt more than normal, its a fuck on as it is :lol: (plus there is shit loads out atm, cant be fucked doing the same boss/level 500 times over n over).

Played quite a bit today and must say I'm loving it. Playing on Knight difficulty and I honestly don't think it is too bad, normal would be too easy for me, I think. Got 100% on most levels up to midway in Chapter 2 (bar the rematch with the Titan which you must have to do when you've really powered yourself up, otherwise it's impossible!).

Played quite a bit today and must say I'm loving it. Playing on Knight difficulty and I honestly don't think it is too bad, normal would be too easy for me, I think. Got 100% on most levels up to midway in Chapter 2 (bar the rematch with the Titan which you must have to do when you've really powered yourself up, otherwise it's impossible!).

After not quite getting the first few levels I'm loving this game now. Some really nice locations, puzzles and best of all bosses.

Story is pretty good once you get going and there are some nice powerups to keep you going. Looks like it could be a decent length game too, with each chapter containing loads of smaller levels. Cutscenes are very very nice.

Only niggle is the fkn camera. Because you cannot move it it sometimes positions itself so you cannot see what you are attacking (usually the bottom of the screen) and because its location driven it refuses to move around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back